I’m worried about younger generation

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
However, Sometimes we need to give them a hand.
Strictly nay... that continuous "...we can do everything better then males anyway!!!..." ... ok, show me, be the living proof... strictly no cherry-picking...
We live in a modern world, you want all and everything, adapt to it... computers, smartphones, home appliances, power tools, vehicles...
Yes, cavaliery is dead... take an educated guess who killed it... ;)

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
These people go into politics and get elected and to be able to do that they only need to be marginally smarter than the rest. Or not even then if you look at our contemporary crop of creatures in the Bundestag.
Zis is getting deep now, because it's never a "person" who gets elected, or having any personal power at all (hence voting is a farce anyway), they're only puppets of an organization, an interest group, a consortium behind who've long ago prepared to install their preferred instrument/mouthpiece there...

BTW:
our Chancellor gave a one hour speech these days...
About what you might ask...
Well, he didn't tell...
It's like a commercial for tumble dryers: flap open, hot air, flap closed...

Bike
VStrom 650
My GL1800-riding friend had to replace the engine in his wife's car because she never checked the oil.

That's one of the problems with self-serve gas stations. I check each of mine every two or three tanks.
I know a chap who said to his other arf, " when you fill up the car (Golf Gti) it'll need a 'drop' of oil in it too, top it up".
She topped it up alright, right to the filler cap, it tried to squeeze but oil don’t compress too well. Oops.
Upt.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Strictly nay... that continuous "...we can do everything better then males anyway!!!..." ... ok, show me, be the living proof... strictly no cherry-picking...
We live in a modern world, you want all and everything, adapt to it... computers, smartphones, home appliances, power tools, vehicles...
Yes, cavaliery is dead... take an educated guess who killed it... ;)
Agree to a certain extent, however in a relationship there is a give and take. Question? Who does the maintenance on your Girlfriend's NT? Happy wife (Girlfriend) Happy life.:thumb:

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Agree to a certain extent, however in a relationship there is a give and take. Question? Who does the maintenance on your Girlfriend NT? Happy wife (Girlfriend) Happy life.:thumb:
Thankfully I (finally) found a gal who's indeed pretty independent...
And she is working along, remove zis or zat, look something up in the w/shop manual, grab this tool and remove/install that...
That garden project? She dug those holes... awful job... gave a hand (or two) with the rebar work, cement mixing will be a cooperation...
So there are (admittingly few) individuals out there...

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I firmly believe the real issue is that most younger ones coming up are taught what I call the 'Entitlement Theory' -
"I am entitled to everything without any obligations".
They are taught that they are like dogs - they are entitled to free dog food, free housing, free procreation, free (fill in the blank).
Personal responsibility is long gone and they'll just sue somebody or complain on Farcebook if things go south due to their own doing. ;)

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
You've heard the expression............ "You don't know what you don't know"

A smart person who doesn't know what a warning light means would stop and look is up in the manual or on Google. A less than smart person would ask other clueless people on FB for an answer.

These same type of people get into big trouble when there are no warning lights.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
A smart person who doesn't know what a warning light means would stop and look is up in the manual or on Google.
hmm... over here basic automotive technology is covered in driving school... and I do remember a similar chapter in the booklet I got handed when doing my license in the US...

Bike
2000 ST1100
John, This has been happening for years. My grand daughter wanted me to change the oil in her car so off to her house i went. Got there and her boyfriend and her were standing outside then she threw me the keys and her and her boyfriend went inside the house. ***** why did he not want to learn how to change oil? These young people are oblivious to life period. If these smart phones were taking away they would cease to be.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I think that condemning whole generations because of some examples we all hear about is painting with a pretty broad brush. Like most things, you hear more about the bad than the good; especially on social media.

You have to wonder what the younger generations' conversations are regarding us "oldies" when we start asking for help with electronic gadgets. eg. the blinking 12:00 And yet a good number of us (well, maybe not me so much) are very capable of dealing with them.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the young generation being (or choosing) the upcoming political leaders. We haven't exactly set a very high bar when it comes to that.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
If it makes you feel any better, when I was in college in 1978 I was riding in a girl's car and noticed her coolant temp gauge was pegged. She told me it had been like that for a week. So its not the young kids today specifically, just inexperienced young kids in general.

arguing with them on social media is not something I have any interest in doing.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Second law of thermodynamics: everything is in the state of returning to their most basic elements.

The younger the person these days (generally... there are exceptions) the closer they fulfill this truth on their way to becoming............................ an amoeba.
Some get there sooner than others.

Zis is getting deep now, because it's never a "person" who gets elected, or having any personal power at all (hence voting is a farce anyway), they're only puppets of an organization, an interest group, a consortium behind who've long ago prepared to install their preferred instrument/mouthpiece there...

BTW:
our Chancellor gave a one hour speech these days...
About what you might ask...
Well, he didn't tell...
It's like a commercial for tumble dryers: flap open, hot air, flap closed...
Have you heard Ricarda Lange, our childrens book author and Trampolina speak?
Politics seems to have been for them the last option.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I replied, “Anyone that too dumb to check their oil, when the light come on, needs to surrender their drivers license, because you definitely don’t have enough sense to be driving.“

Thoughts?
John
You were looking for an argument and got one. I'm worried that it bothers you.

Bike
S10, R1250GS, KLX300
2024 Miles
STOC #
You've heard the expression............ "You don't know what you don't know"

A smart person who doesn't know what a warning light means would stop and look is up in the manual or on Google. A less than smart person would ask other clueless people on FB for an answer.

These same type of people get into big trouble when there are no warning lights.
I heard a good saying a long time ago…….The smarter you are, the more you realize what you don’t know and the dumber you are, the more you think you know.
This knowledge comes with age, failure, and experience.

Top Bottom