I’m worried about younger generation

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
This all started with a Facebook argument that I had, a couple of weeks back. A young lady posted in a local group, and I couldn’t resist replying. Her post, asking for advise went something like this…..

”I was driving up the interstate, when my engine started making a loud, banging noise. Then the car quit, and smoke started coming out from under the hood. The oil light has been on for about a week. Can someone come look at it please? I can’t really afford towing.” Note: Probably sent from a $1200 phone.

Then,,,the replies started. Hang on, it gets good. Here’s some of the good ones.
#1 (The best) Do you have gas in it? Mine did that when it ran out of gas.
1A. Mine too. Check your gas.
#2. It’s probably a fuse making the light come on.
#3. My boyfriend can fix it. He has a shop, but he needs gas money to come look at it.
#4. You probably just hit a pothole and blew a tire.
4A. Them potholes are terrible this year.
4B. My cousins neighbor’s boy had to buy a new wheel because of them dang potholes.

And it went downhill from there….Until…..I replied. Then it hit the fan.

I replied, “Anyone that too dumb to check their oil, when the light come on, needs to surrender their drivers license, because you definitely don’t have enough sense to be driving.“

Then the argument. Some young guy jumped in and called me a smartass for not trying to help this poor girl. I replied that I’m not going to replace her engine on the side of the interstate.

He actually replied something like, “why u dissing hurforhaving hur ride brekdownshe trinto get to wor an u been an ass.”

Me: Does someone have to tell her not to put her hand in a hot oven. A little common sense goes a long way.

Him: u got 2 b old af if u stil cook who does that

Me: Just give her $4000 for a new engine.

Him: imma goan fix the dam thng ishow u who smart an who the olddumass

I gave up. These people walk among us. And they’re reproducing. I’m now slowly changing my mind about AI. If some of these kids don’t get some artificial intelligence , they won’t have any intelligence at all.

Just imagine what it will be like in the future, when these kids get hired into a job and have to write any sort of document. They’ll do it on their phone and text it.

FUTURE BILL OF SALE

i goan sel my trikd out busa the one i got fm pinky the red bike not the pos blu one ima sell to skeeter 4 600 cuz no title an it hot af an new tirs to

skootz

Thoughts?
John

Bike
VStrom 650
No surprise here fella. (Most) Kids haven't looked after themselves in decades.
They expect the world to be just fine and dandy and then when it goes shitty they'll start a gofundme page. Or The Bank of Mum and Dad steps in again.
I think Teddy should offer to help, he's probably brighter than most of them numpties.
Upt.
No what about these potholes........

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I replied, “Anyone that too dumb to check their oil, when the light come on, needs to surrender their drivers license, because you definitely don’t have enough sense to be driving.“
LOL, kinda "the devil's horse foot" in that women's rights thing: whoever claims the right to operate automotive, must also fulfill the duties of checking oil and tire pressure themself...
Imagine how often I got flamed for that remark... flak-vest on, period... :biggrin:

Anyway the human race is devolving, progressively, pure fact... I've given up... also on trying to give advice... :shrug1:

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
My GL1800-riding friend had to replace the engine in his wife's car because she never checked the oil.

That's one of the problems with self-serve gas stations. I check each of mine every two or three tanks.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
My GL1800-riding friend had to replace the engine in his wife's car because she never checked the oil.

That's one of the problems with self-serve gas stations. I check each of mine every two or three tanks.
Maybe your GL-riding friend should have been checking the oil level for her. Apparently he never did either. That's what husbands do for their wives. Would have saved him a bunch of cash. . Be Proactive.

It´s not the problem when they grow up and become some sort of adult.... These people go into politics and get elected and to be able to do that they only need to be marginally smarter than the rest. Or not even then if you look at our contemporary crop of creatures in the Bundestag.

Top Bottom