Best ST1300 Tank Bag

I don't have risers, but use a Cortech mini with no issues. And mine may be available any minute, haha. Seriously though, this size bag would certainly work. I don't know about others?:07biker:

Reactions: ATA
I don't have risers, but use a Cortech mini with no issues. And mine may be available any minute, haha. Seriously though, this size bag would certainly work. I don't know about others?:07biker:

+1 I use the Cortech Mini as well. Mine is the magnetic variety. To date I've been happy with it....:STOC::dr13:

If you are like me and have a tank bag oin 24/7,,, or even 12/2???

www.luggagelocker.com

Pluses???

Does not set on the tank... No scratches,,, locks on,,, looks cool,,, holds a lot,,, and map pocket on top is big...

Minus's???

It will come in contact with the bars at full lock... Not bad,,, just wanting ya to know...

I use a Nelson-Rigg from New Enough.
It won't interfere with the horn if you pull it slightly back and even then, it's not in your way at all. Mine is on 24/7 holding (currently) scarf, dickie, balaclava, sunglass case, kickstand plate, wallet, phone, ST hat, rain cover for said bag and there's still a little room left over and an open pocket. I even hook my heated gear controller to it so it's right in front of me.

Skip

I have a Givi tank bag that I like. It holds alot and is expandable or unzips completely from the magnetic base and leaves me with a map holder only - something i don't ever remember doing.

It will contact the bars at full lock and beep the horn if I put it on a little too far forward. Its either that or get a much smaller bag. I don't have a problem with the odd random beep and like the bigger size.

I've had it for 5 years. Its is seldom off the bike. Its starting to look a little tired but still quite functional. Its stood up well.

FWIW I think mine is the T429 model - scroll down http://www.givi.ca/en/sacs.php?select=r Givi bags are available at numerous resellers

STrep got a funky new bag this season. A hard shell. Maybe he'll see this and tell us about it.

I have a Cortech 21L magnetic mount. First one was defective (bad sewing on a seam) but the company stood behind it and replaced it.

It's big and hits the horn button if not on just right, but it holds everything I could possibly need to access and the map window is huge. Small map windows don't work well with a bike with 200+ mile range. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

I have just purchased the Joe Rocket Manta in red. It fits perfectly on the tank and my MCL risers don't interfere. I didn't need a lot of room, but just wanted a place for the things you want to reach while on the bike. I got mine for $45 with free shipping on Ebay. I am very happy with the fit and application. I bought some of the rubber mesh from Aerostitch to go under the bag, but the magnets are well padded and nothing is going to slip.

Regards,
Gordon

I have the Rocket Manta XL as well. I really like it! I also have an Oxford but found it to be too big, hit the horn button and blocked the view of guages. The Manta has a lower profile and holds a the essentials. Cheers!

Here are some pics of the Manta. Again, $45 shipped. For me, the perfect size, but we're all different.

Photos show the bag from the side, full-lock left, and full-lock right - No clearance issues with the MCL riser plate. The phoos show the rubber webbing that I cut to shape to help cushion the bag. The magnets still have a strong attraction to the tank - it's not going anywhere. There is room for a bottle of water, cell phone, keys, snacks, Ipod, and much more.

Regards,
Gordon

5160034.jpg

11128175984.jpg

1645117038713.jpg

I have a Marsee 15 litre Tear Drop with a hard (polycarbonate) top. http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/Marsee15LiterTeardrop/MarseeTankBags2

It has performed adequetly. As a map guy, I appreciate the clear top. It has done well in the rain, only limited moisture penetration through a hard down pour. I do like the seperate feeds for the electronic cables through internal holes in the two layers. Picked it up for $45 at New Enough during a recent "Closeout" deal

From time to time the subject of "tank bags" comes around, providing ample opportunity for everyone to learn and be helpful to others. The suggeSTions and recommendations are all to be applauded.

Tie-on tank bags, magnetic tank bags, etc., etc., etc.

Well, here's mine:

HiSTorically the "tie-down" bags have always been a pain in the _ss for me as with each refueling - unSTrapping and reSTrapping has never been pleasant, and seems to take forever. Been there, tried it. Magnetic bags have never been a favorite of mine as I was with a buddy in Colorado and we came upon some ferocious windSTorms - one of which ripped his magnetic tank bag right off his bike. Additionally, I've heard the magnetic bags can move around a bit and dirt trappings under the magnets can scratch the tank. Like moST of us, I too spent time researching the possibilities - and came across the Bag-Connections product. I found this application to not scratch the tank, lock securely to the tank, comes off and goes back on VERY quickly and is available in three sizes. linky here I have no connection or association with this vendor and selected the website for product presentation purposes only. Other resources are available.

Having tried the others - this is well suited for all my needs - and I've been using this sySTem for more than four years - and highly recommend it.

Here is some enjoyable eye candy.

Appreciate the opportunity to comment, and RED is much faSTer!

Cheers,

Attachments

• TANK BAGa.jpg
    TANK BAGa.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 550
Back
Top Bottom