GA: Tag

STOC #
Yeah...I guess somethin' lit a fire. I set a tag on 3/15/11 that was untouched until 7/31/11 even with hints galore and mileages from known members. This looks like a good one for bassplayer88 to get since it's only a hop/skip up US 411 from his abode in Fairmount.

Way to go Tagalong -- I came right through Rome on my way home from Lookout Mtn on Saturday. Was gonna ride today, but it's my 40th wedding anniversary, so I hung close to the house -- can't afford to tick off my retirement plan this late in the game!!:D:D
Rgds,
Terry
I went through Fairmount on the way home, then down to Rydal and Pine Log to Adairsville. Once I hit A'ville I pretty much consider myself home since the house is only 8 miles away. I had intended to place the new tag at a good spot in Rome, but my pillion was tired and her behind was hurting so I went with the re-reg dam. I'll save my spot in Rome for later. :yes:

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, another decent riding day in GA -- 63 degrees when I started this morning (Sunday) but warmed up nicely this afternoon. Since bayoubear didn't get the tag in his backyard, I decided to get it and put the new tag in my front yard. The OLD TAG (Etowah Indian Mounds museum in Cartersville) is closed Sunday, Monday, Tuesday due state budget constraints, so I took a photo of the entrance.
The NEW TAG was built in 1855 by the uncle of the infamous "Doc Holliday", who was born in Griffin, GA. He was the short tempered, gambling, gunslinger buddy of the Earp brothers who died young in bed from tuberculosis, not from one of his many mano y mano encounters.

Rgds,
Terry

OLD TAG -------OLD TAG-----------NEW TAG

Attachments

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
It's Been sitting way too long... may take a Memorial Day ride and move it...
Go for it Terry. I can't believe the GA Tag has sat for 8 months - I guess Mac or George need to come back to GA to wake everybody up. My mistake was to move it 25 miles south of Atlanta instead of keeping it north where most of the real riders are. Would of moved it myself long ago, but that's against the TAG rules. Good luck and stay cool - supposed to be a mini heat wave with temps in the mid 90's next 2-3 days.
Regards,
Terry Melton

The Cheese

I know where that is. Right in my back yard. Dunno bout just picking a new spot tho. If nobody complains about this, ill go move it.

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Re: New Tag:

This thread has been dead a year, so I hope no one will be ill with me for making a new post / tag..

This is an artist's shop, by a creek, in northeast Georgia. I've always thought it had a clever name.
Can't move the tag without getting the old tag. That's the rules.

Skip

STOC #
Re: New Tag:

The old tag is on the square in downtown Fayetteville. a Museum.
Guess I'm slack, but it was the opposite direction from where I usually ride. No connector for me.

At least we resurrected this thread! :p:

Bike
2006 ST1300
I had planned to move it during my Moonshine trip as part of my alternate rain route, but the weather cleared. I also planned to do Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, TX, and NC. At least I managed to do NC and TX.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Ashley

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
And move it you did Bill! I know where that one is:D It may just sit there until dduelin gets it our I go to BRG in October though.

Hotwheelbill

Site Supporter...you a FAN?$
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Left at 5am this morning, back home at 3:40pm. Got held up by a slow writing Ga Hw Patrolman......

edit: I say that as a joke. He really was the nicest LEO I can remember meeting.

Last edited:

The Cheese

Oh man that’s far away. Now its going to sit for another year.

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Well Hallelujah!! Only took 11 months and a Florida rider to get a tag 25 miles from ATL. I guess all the fearless GA riders are squeamish about riding south of I-20.:D:D
It's now a whole lot farther south than downtown Fayetteville, so show the north GA riders how to do it Florida guys.
Regards,
Terry

Last edited:

Hotwheelbill

Site Supporter...you a FAN?$
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Well Hallelujah!! Only took 11 months and a Florida rider to get a tag 25 miles from ATL. I guess all the fearless GA riders are squeamish about riding south of I-20.:D:D
It's now a whole lot farther south than downtown Fayetteville, so show the north GA riders how to do it Florida guys.
Regards,
Terry
:D Why do I feel like I just stole something?

BTY, Nice color bike.....after today, I have proof it's the fast one!

I have to say, I almost made it easy after passing the large Summit Racing sign.

Last edited:
Top Bottom