TN: Tag

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I finally got around to moving the TN tag last week. On Jan 2 I made a fast dash to FCF STate Park to pick up the current tag. It was a cold windy day with temps around 38 when we left and 30 when we got to the park with a few snow flakes floating around. I formally moved the tag to its new location yesterday. Good rd for a lazy liesurely ride with no traffic this time of year. Would be a lot more fun if the speed limit was 20 mph higher.

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Figured as long as I was in the area (well, in the state :D) I'd get this one. Great little road up the mountain from town, Rockwood, TN. Continued north and west from there, picked Monterey as a good replacement, airport to train station...

Old:
IMG_6750 (1600x1200).jpg IMG_6751 (1600x1200).jpg IMG_6752 (1600x1200).jpg

New:
IMG_6753 Stitch (1600x480).jpg

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Funny thing happened today. We were out riding and ended up in Monteray. While taking a break for some water and munchies I realized I was only 50-55 miles from Rockwood and decided to make a run for the TN tag. When we got to Rockwood, I checked my phone to get the address of the Tag from the photo posted on ST-Owners. Wouldn't you know it George had already picked it up the day before! I should have known to check the SiTe before I embarked on this mission since I knew he was in the area! Fortunately he didn't move the Tag too far( I was 400 yds from it earlier in the day!) away in Monteray. I doubled back and moved the tag to its present location in Sparta, TN. If you don't ride Hwy 84 getting to this site make sure you do it on your way out. Hwy 84 runs from Sparta to Monteray and is one fun and scenic rd! The new tag is a block from the intersection of Hwy 70 and Hwy 84.

The new tag is the first pic and old tag is the second..

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Dang, Fali, I was hoping to get home before anyone got any of these: SoIL/IN/'KY/TN/MO/KS/CO/NM/AZ... (although I haven't got the last two yet... :D)

Walker

Cherohala Skyway Addict
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Well, I found the tag easy enough but getting to it was a bit of a challenge today. There was a car show in downtown Sparta today and several blocks were barricaded off for it. I figured that since the ST is good looking I would just ride around one of the barricades and park in front of the old theater like she belonged there. I got a few strange looks but no one chased me away. :)

Hint: Beware! The name suggests that you may encounter Raccoons on the Mountain.

Old: 2012-07-21_20-11-06_120.jpg New: 2012-04-07_18-13-58_876.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
08 Goldwing
I got up here last Sunday but by the time I found the tag it was too dark to take a picture with my cell phone,LOL...........Oh well,the overlook was nice after dark...

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Finally got around to moving the tag. I apologize for the sideways pics taken on my I-phone. I have tried to rotate and save, copy and paste, etc. and they still get saved sideways on my laptop. I'm sure there is a way or an app. but I've lost my patience!
First pic is the old tag @ Racoon Mtn. Second and third pic are the new tag. Meriwether Lewis burial site on the Natchez Trace Pkwy. Hope your ride up or down the trace is a traffic/ranger free as our was ;)!

Attachments

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
This one laid dormant long enough. I needed to 'test' my new PR3s on SweetTreat before WeSTVaSToc and this was as good an excuse as any. If you can't figure it out, go looking for Colonel Littleton or Milky Way. ;-) By the way, when you pick up this tag, you might want to step next door and get a 'little' snack like in the other pictures (double 1/2 pounder bacon cheeseburger - 2 1/2 pound patties of meat) -

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
This one laid dormant long enough. I needed to 'test' my new PR3s on SweetTreat before WeSTVaSToc and this was as good an excuse as any. If you can't figure it out, go looking for Colonel Littleton or Milky Way. ;-) By the way, when you pick up this tag, you might want to step next door and get a 'little' snack like in the other pictures (double 1/2 pounder bacon cheeseburger - 2 1/2 pound patties of meat) -
Cool tag UP, might have to venture down there and find myself a new belt with a giant burger on the side!

Top Bottom