TN: Tag

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Finally got out and formally moved the tag this AM. I picked up the old tag at The Foothills Pkwy on 5/22

and moved it to this great place to enjoy a Sat. morning pancake breakfast along with a little music.

Attachments

Bike
ST1100
Finally got out and formally moved the tag this AM. I picked up the old tag at The Foothills Pkwy on 5/22

and moved it to this great place to enjoy a Sat. morning pancake breakfast along with a little music.
That is a great place to have pancakes. We ate there about a month ago. The parking lot is a little treacherous though.

Wow Mac ... something psychic happened when I read TN:Tag this place flashed in my mind before I opened the thread.... been there

hope you are doing well.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Was out riding Sunday and decided to eat lunch in Lynchburg. During lunch I realized I wasn't far from Mulberry so decided to pick up the tag and move it to a new location off Hwy 399 in Sequatchie Co. Lots of good roads in this area and a short hike will get you to a nice cool spot or a good view of the Gulf.

Attachments

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I wouldn't mind getting this one if I can get away from Atlanta long enough. I want to see the waterfall :D Anyone in Tenn. getting this one?

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
There are better water falls in the area, Fall Creek Falls at Fall Creek State Park, Cane Creek Falls in the same park, Virgin Falls in Savage Gulf, just to name a few. You could enjoy some good roads and do a water fall tour all in one. Enjoy!

Bike
ST1100
Foster Falls is worth a stop to look at. It is really close to the parking lot and an easy walk to see. The walk down to the bottom is one of the hardest. No path, no steps. It is probably one of the least busy Falls because it is owned by the TVA. There is a whole area set aside for rock climbing if you are in to that. As for hiking, this trail is rated as one of the most difficult in Tennessee.

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the info on the falls guys! My dad grew up in Tenn, so I wouldn't mind exploring a little bit. I should be in the general vicinity Sept. 1-3 if no one beats me there. Now to find a good place to take it to...

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well, we found this one! We were tired after riding up from Savannah trying to get the national tag (and only resting a day lol) so we didn't get to see any waterfalls this trip, but now we know where to come back!

IMAG0359a.jpg

We spent some time here instead... :D Ride safe!

IMAG0354.jpg

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Holyl Carp!! I must'a been even more tired than youse guys. I spent about two hours finding that place and getting the shot on Wednesday then never poSTed it!
Here's the old one: IMG_4529.jpg

And the one that was supposed to take it's place: IMG_4531.jpg <---<<<< Note: this is NOT the current tag, just a pipe dream on my part. :(

By the way, Bruce is a member over at ADV Riders. He was the first guy to get a tag pic and not it get it poSTed before another member there scooped him. :D

<edit, add> I bet I did the same as previously, built the whole note then hit <back> instead of <post> I've done it before. Ah, well, such is life. :D

Man, I sure do remember poSTing those on Friday morning, did I STick'em on the wrong thread?? Makes no diff as they ain't in THIS thread so BleST officially has the TN tag right now. STill... I gotta wonder. :think1: :shrug2:

Last edited:

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Holy moly George! I was wondering why you would have missed this one after getting the others so close. I ALMOST feel guilty! Almost... :p:

It was a bit hard to find. The GPS and phone got us close, but we didn't find it till we saw a sign pointing to a road that Google and Garmin didn't know about...

Thanks for the fun and letting me get this one FALI, Mrbug and ahhemm... George! :shock:

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Oh, this wasn't a gift. If I'd'a hit "send" when I should have, it would be mine. :D

Good on ya for playing, keep it up. Go move the National Tag, it's well worth the visit.

Walker

Cherohala Skyway Addict
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Well, this one was rather easy. I happened to be in the area and decided to find the exact spot for the photo. A nearby tourist offered to take the picture so I graciously accepted.
2011-10-06_19-27-02_273.jpg
Sorry for the sideways picture. It's always turned correctly on my computer... sigh. :(

A few weeks later I came across this beautiful location and thought it would make for a good tag. Enjoy the curves getting there. Plenty of great scenery in the area.
2011-10-29_11-10-11_969.jpg

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Well, this one was rather easy. I happened to be in the area and decided to find the exact spot for the photo. A nearby tourist offered to take the picture so I graciously accepted.
View attachment 108879

A few weeks later I came across this beautiful location and thought it would make for a good tag. Enjoy the curves getting there. Plenty of great scenery in the area.
Walker I can't see the pics for some reason. What format are you using?

Walker

Cherohala Skyway Addict
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I'm attempting to insert the pics with a link to my Flickr account but for some reason that isn't working. Any suggestions? Also tried to insert them as attachments but I'm pretty sure they need to be downsized for that to work. Told me 'upload failed'. :confused:

Walker

Cherohala Skyway Addict
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Well, the pics are finally posted. (See above) Although the first one is sideways, the second one is the most important. Thanks for your patience.

Walker

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I was soo close to that on Saturday! Should have rolled up behind you and moved it along with me. Oh well makes for a good ride and day spent out in some beautiful country.

Walker

Cherohala Skyway Addict
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I was soo close to that on Saturday! Should have rolled up behind you and moved it along with me. Oh well makes for a good ride and day spent out in some beautiful country.
LOL, I knew if one of you guys caught me taking pictures, you would probably know what I was up to.

I see you headed home, last Saturday, via Baker Mtn Road. I have a friend that lives on that road just before you head into the twisties.

Walker

Top Bottom