One More Long Ride With Wife

Bike
2003 ST1300
The ride is going OK except for the cold and rain. It has rained nearly every day we have been it Texas. The rain has been off and and sometimes very hard. The temps today were 64 to 76. We did visit the Alamo. It was very moving. We also toured Big Bend NP What a fantastic park, but really out of the way. We are finally out of rain soaked Texas, and spending the night in Deming NM. We have learned to appriciate riding on dry roads. We are now heading for Death Valley and hope to get some HOT DRY weather. For those of you that are concerned we travel with a stocked cooler. I didn't bring my cable to download pictures so I won't be able to post any until I get to my daughter's house in Seattle.
Ron, its a shame but Scotty's Castle in Death Valley will be closed until Aug. 9 (per Google). I can see you two have no fear, heading there at this time of year.
Beware parking areas where the Ravens hang out. They can pick the average tank bag and have their way with you. (Don't ask me how I know this).
I'm wondering if you can make cobbler there without a campfire?? Enjoy and stay COOL.

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
We traveled through Death Valley on Monday. We started early and were out of the park by 1:00pm. High temp of 103. Not so bad. It has still rained on us every day, even in Calif. We rode Rt 89 in Calif. yesterday. What a fantastic ride except for the section that runs along the east side of Lake Tahoe. Crowded and slow with construction. North and south of there it was very scenic, rural and great riding. After I go thru some twisties or pass a car Marcia is still on my tail. I don't have to slow my pace for her at any time. The ride is going great and we are having a good time. We will be in Seattle on Friday and I will be able to post pictures.

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
Marcia and I will be leaving Seattle on Sat. We plan to ride thru Cascade NP in Washington, then proceed to Glacier NP. We had to make a detour to get here to bypass a forest fire. I have created an album with some pictures of the ride. Visited the Boeing Museun of Flight yesterday. Went salmon fishing in Puget Sound last Sunday. We got 4 nice Salmon. Here are a few pictures from the album.DSCN0506 (640x480).jpgDSCN0533 (640x480).jpgDSCN0590 (640x480).jpgDSCN0602 (640x480).jpg

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Ron,
Looks and sounds like you and Marcia are having a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing some pics with us.

Here's wishing that you continue to have safe and pleasant travels!!

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Ron the ST still looks better then the BMW!!!!:D

BUT DON'T TELL MARCIA THAT!!!!!:please1:

Looks like your having a great time. Keep sending pics.

Be safe!!!

Jay

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Ron,

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Hope you & Marcia have a great ride back to OH. Ride safe, my friend.

John

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
After a week with family we left Seattle on Sat. Traveled north to Rt. 20 which we took us through North Cascade NP and spent the night in Coleville Wash. We had beautiful views and great riding. The temps were from 59 degrees to 82 degrees. Today was our best weather day. Temps in the high 70s and low 80s. great riding today also. The speed limit in Montana is 70 on two lane roads. It is really fun to set the cruise on 70 and just ride, curves and all. We are in Whitefish Montana and will ride the Going to the Going to the Sun Highway thru Glacier NP tomorrow. The ride is going well but Marcia is ready to be home. We plan to take two lane Rt. 2 thru most of Montana. There is a route that will take us to I-94. We will head to Milwaukee and take the ferry across Lake Michigan. I bought a cable to down load pictures but I can't get it to work with these motel computers. I will post more pictures if I can at another motel or when we are home.

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
I finally got to Motel that I could download and resize pictures. I have created a second album. Pictures are from my fishing trip, the History of Flight Museum, North Cascades NP, Glacier NP, the contrasting plains of Montana and the geographical center of North America. Yesterday was one of our best riding weather days and today was the coldest. Temps today started in the mid 50s and slowly climbed to 68. The ride is going well. We are in Devil's Lake North Dakota and Marcia is starting to smell home. We will continue east thru the UP cross Big Mac and head home.

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
It's getting down to the end. Tomorrow we cross the Mackinaw bridge, spend one more night in Michigan, then home on Sunday. I will get pictures of the bridge. Has anyone reviewed the ride home album? Marcia is ready to be home but if I can get a new front tire it's on to Ferry-STOC and ON-STOC. By the way we were hoping for heat on the trip but the first half was cold and rainy and the second half is colder but not rainy. We had about 175 miles of strong cross winds east of Glacier which were not fun but as far as I'm concerned it has been a great trip. About 7K when we are done.

Top Bottom