One More Long Ride With Wife

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Ron, we are so lucky to have a wife that rides along side us instead of behind us. Enjoyed your trip report and your pics. I have been trying to talk Carole into doing one last long ride b/4 we get so dang old that we can't do it anymore. I have convinced her to ride up to CoSTOC in Sept and then around Colorado for a while. And next summer we are trying, once again, didn't work out this year, for the Alps in Europe.
Gary

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
That's quite a trip! I wasn't on a bike, but I did visit the Boeing factory a couple of weeks before you, coincidentally on the 98th anniversary of the company founding. Cool tour!

OP
OP
dohboy
Bike
2005 BMW RT
We arrived home on Sunday. We finally had a warm sunny day. We have traveled to Seattle before taking various routes, but always at this same time in summer. We always had great weather for the trips with an exceptional bad day. It seemed like the trip this time had more not so good days as the really nice days. If it wasn't cold and rainy it was just cold. It was a fantastic trip, probably the last one for Marcia, but we had a ball. All the sights we saw and all the people we talked to along the way will be long remembered. What we enjoyed was to find the local hang out restaurant to have lunch at where everybody knows each other. We would then ask one of them a question. That seems to open the flood gates and they are telling us about there community and asking about our trip. We had no close calls riding except for pulling over because it was raining so hard we couldn't see. The worst thing that happened was Marcia's foot slipped on lose gravel in a parking lot, dropped the RT and broke her J-Peg. I told the way to prevent that was to leave the bike in the garage. The cabin is where we spent our last night at Lake George Resort in West Branch Michigan. We have been very fortunate to make this trip together several times. I hope you also get the opportunity. Thanks for all of your interest and support.DSCN0710.JPGDSCN0716.JPGDSCN0721.JPGDSCN0723.JPG

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Good to hear the two of you had such a great trip!! (with the exception of weather)

Hopefully Annette and I will get to do something of this sorts some time.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Glad that you made it home safely. Trip really intrigues me. Would love to talk Carole into one last long ride but she just doesn't feel comfortable on the long ones anymore. Over the years we have taken so many long ones that I'll have to feel fortunate to have those. Have talked her into riding up to CoSTOC in Sept, maybe do some riding in the ole stomping grounds.
Your stay in West Branch was very close to where I grew up in Fairview, MI.

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Glad to hear you made it home safely. I know it was a wonderful trip & you are very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys riding her own bike....especially long distance.

John

P.S. - Hey Ron....you do know that some of us consider ourselves fortunate that our wives don't ride at ALL, don't ya?;):D:rofl1:

Top Bottom