Because everyone rides around Nebraska..

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nebraska is NE, New Brunswick is NB. Reminds me of a similar error my friend made when he made hotel reservations in AL thinking Alberta instead of AB. Needless to say he didn't keep his reservation in Alabama that day.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I like the photo. To me this is like a bad movie where the monster weather is coming in fast, and of course the vehicle or bike will not start. Good thing you ride an ST and don't have to worry about that. But if yours was black, then you could get away a lot quicker for sure. :bk13:

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
I really enjoyed riding in Nebraska, especially through the Sand Hills area. There was something relaxing about the openness, lack of traffic it allowed your mind to relax and perhaps see the country side as it used to be. Of course there was the distance between gas stops going to Valentine that made you realize it sure would be a long way to push if I run out; that was a little disconcerting :eek:.

OP
OP
tmoldovan
Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I like the photo. To me this is like a bad movie where the monster weather is coming in fast, and of course the vehicle or bike will not start. Good thing you ride an ST and don't have to worry about that. But if yours was black, then you could get away a lot quicker for sure. :bk13:
LOL
the silver one was the only one available within 250 miles. i do hear the red ones are faster than the black ones ;)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
They'll take good care of you in Nebraska. Found this nice rest area while heading from the Black Hills to Carhenge.
100_0903.JPG
LOL.. I saw that this year for the first time.. ha!... didn't stop but gotta love the humor... I do hope some know it's not real...

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
LOL.. I saw that this year for the first time.. ha!... didn't stop but gotta love the humor... I do hope some know it's not real...
Looks awesome! Free WiFi and a comfortable seat! What more can you want?

OP
OP
tmoldovan
Bike
2007 STinkerbell
Kept going a bit further today, ended up in a pretty little town of Sutton on US 6. Temps were around 46, so I made some tea and had a biscuit with appricot jam to warm myself up.
Sutton has a really neat city park with howitzers from civil war, a WW2 tank, and what looked like a large ship mounted artillery gun.
(And a nice restroom with running water and a hand dryer/warmer!)

Attachments

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Guy on ADV clued me in to it, so made a stop. Wasn't sure what to expect when I opened the door?!?!
Looks like perfect place for a 21st birthday party!!!
:)

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
I've never been to Nebraska. I was heading through there on my way to British Columbia earlier this year, but back spasms cut that trip before I got there. I was kind of looking forward to seeing the northwestern part of the State.

Regardless, every ride should be judged on its own merit. I've had some of the best rides of my life in seemingly benign places. The good stuff is everywhere. You just have to open your eyes to see it.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I was reminded of this thread after the "bomb cyclone" hit NE in Feb/March of this year, and again when another one hit this week. Hope everyone out there weathered the storms alright.

TPadden

Tom Padden
I was reminded of this thread after the "bomb cyclone" hit NE in Feb/March of this year, and again when another one hit this week.
If any old-time weather watchers can't understand this "climate change" hyperbole, here's a reference for you.

Polar Vortex = Cold Front - it happens every winter
Bomb Cyclone = Blizzard - they happen every winter
Hypercane = hypothetical Mother of all storms, it's all over

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom