Because everyone rides around Nebraska..

Bike
R1200rt
the wide open big sky view and straight as an arrow highway is good for at least one thing. Is that T storm on the horizon a threat or not. In my case the afternoon of August 5, 2020 it was NOT a threat and provided some good entertainment for about an hour.
love that pic but I didn't see this one coming, the dot is where I was trying to set up camp when my wife texted me the radar picture ... I never had a chance it came in so fast589950811 (1).jpg. Sutherland Ne.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I've lived in Nebraska for the last 49 years with a couple months off here and there for good behavior. I would defend it but honestly "Nebraska, it's not for everyone" (State motto :p) You are all welcome to come visit though.

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I lived in So Sioux City for a number of years back in the '70s, both my sons were born there. The Yamaha dealer in Sioux City is where I bought my first 125 Enduro, a '69 white one. It didn't have enough power to carry my behind around the way I wanted so I converted it to a 175, lost the electric start, but the 175 did a good job. kept it for years and my oldest son finally got it stolen when we lived in Florida the first time. So I have ridden a lot in Nebraska. The last time was on highway 20 the length of the state on my first Goldwing in 2014. This was on my way home to California. I made a 6000-mile loop through 15 states on that trip.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
A well oiled gun, preferably synthetic oil is an essential safety item, you would think a state that requires a helmet for my protection would understand concealed carry is for my safety as well.
ACL and Putt cured my paranoid thinking. Okay, okay, I'm carried concealed once for a couple of hours.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
My Nebraska story: back in '73, when I was 14, I lusted for a Yamaha 125 Enduro. Of course, dad said no. Fast forward to 2000, I was on Ebay casually looking at old bikes. I ran across a '73 Yamaha 125 Enduro, not running, not tagged, no title, up for auction in Omaha (I live in Oklahoma.) It looked like it was in pretty good shape otherwise. I put in a low bid as a lark and logged off. The next day, I had a notice that I won the auction. I told my then wife, "I guess we're going to Omaha this weekend." I hauled it back in my truck, put a few hundred bucks into it, got it tagged, and rode it for years. I still have it.

I've ridden in Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, Missouri, and Colorado but to this day, I still haven't ridden in Nebraska.

My daughter just loved this bike. Ironically, she was 14 in this pic.

I do miss those two strokes. I have a DT-1 and no car for a couple of years.

Top Bottom