Because everyone rides around Nebraska..

scootac

Will Ride for Food
If any old-time weather watchers can't understand this "climate change" hyperbole, here's a reference for you.

Polar Vortex = Cold Front - it happens every winter
Bomb Cyclone = Blizzard - they happen every winter
Hypercane = hypothetical Mother of all storms, it's all over

Tom
Only thing new is Weather Channel and Alarm-U-Weather squawking about it 24/7.
Nebraska is full of beauty if you get off I-80.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've never been to NE but did fly to TX with a friend and his family. I've never seen so much wide open space in my life. I really liked it.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I usually avoid NE because of the position on concealed carry permits. In short, they don't recognize Ga's permits.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I had a beautiful, serene sunset ride this evening just right around Lincoln.
Harvest season is upon us, and the fields are changing color. Farmers are out there, combinig the breadbasket to feed us all.
As the sun was setting behind me, the half moon came into the view and guided me home.

I thought about how fortunate we ST owners are to experience the world on our bikes.
I like your attitude. Thanks for the pictures. ;)

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
You would refuse to ride somewhere just because you can't carry a gun?
Well...….I have avoided the west coast and anyplace not upstate in New York, but not so much because of lack of LTC as crazy people in cars. We all have our own comfort zones.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
Well...….I have avoided the west coast and anyplace not upstate in New York, but not so much because of lack of LTC as crazy people in cars. We all have our own comfort zones.
A well oiled gun, preferably synthetic oil is an essential safety item, you would think a state that requires a helmet for my protection would understand concealed carry is for my safety as well.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
A well oiled gun, preferably synthetic oil is an essential safety item, you would think a state that requires a helmet for my protection would understand concealed carry is for my safety as well.
A quart pf Mobil 1 goes along way.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
You would refuse to ride somewhere just because you can't carry a gun?
Short answer... YES! There is not much in Nebraska on my radar, and I have avoided the state on most of my rides across and around the lower 48. I did cross the entire state last year returning from NatSToc and Salt Lake city. I did not have my weapon with me... Just don't feel like spending my money in a state that is hostile to my second amendment rights! Without getting political, there are other states that will see much less of me as well.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
I don't understand that mindset, but I'm fine with you having it. Ride safely. ;)
I would not pass a chance to see Nebraska for the concealement law, hope I have a chance to enjoy a ride and some fishing or bird hunting there someday. Never the less the world is full of some really bad people with no regard for others, senseless acts carried out on innocent good people. We insure our bikes are safe, we have abs, traction control, good tires and riding gear, for what ? to protect ourselves, our passengers from being hurt by the unexpected. A deterrent. We dont do these things so we can go out and be reckless and crash. Its the same for those who choose to carry legally, no one is going out looking for a battle, but every one has the right to have security for ourselves and our loved ones, pray the situation does not arise. If any one comes to Illinois for petes sake dont travel the interstates or you will never see what it has to offer.

OP
OP
tmoldovan
Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I was reminded of this thread after the "bomb cyclone" hit NE in Feb/March of this year, and again when another one hit this week. Hope everyone out there weathered the storms alright.
Actually drove (in the cage) into the edge of a tornado storm last weekend. About as bad as I’ve ever driven in. Had to actually pull off the interstate and sit with a few other cars on the side of the road with our hazards on. Hopefully that’s it for the season...

Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
I stayed a nite at a Army Fort in NW Nebraska a very nice stop on the way to NatSToc last year.

Bike
Yamaha FJ-09
My Nebraska story: back in '73, when I was 14, I lusted for a Yamaha 125 Enduro. Of course, dad said no. Fast forward to 2000, I was on Ebay casually looking at old bikes. I ran across a '73 Yamaha 125 Enduro, not running, not tagged, no title, up for auction in Omaha (I live in Oklahoma.) It looked like it was in pretty good shape otherwise. I put in a low bid as a lark and logged off. The next day, I had a notice that I won the auction. I told my then wife, "I guess we're going to Omaha this weekend." I hauled it back in my truck, put a few hundred bucks into it, got it tagged, and rode it for years. I still have it.

I've ridden in Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, Missouri, and Colorado but to this day, I still haven't ridden in Nebraska.

My daughter just loved this bike. Ironically, she was 14 in this pic.

DAS

STOC #
the wide open big sky view and straight as an arrow highway is good for at least one thing. Is that T storm on the horizon a threat or not. In my case the afternoon of August 5, 2020 it was NOT a threat and provided some good entertainment for about an hour.
IMG_6228b.jpg

Top Bottom