Im leaving boston

Bike
R1200rt
Here are a few pics that show the geologically difference between the Main Canyon and the Rt9 side. They might let you drive in as far as the main lodge if you tell them you have a reservation at the lodge. I was there in off season and it was not crowded. $79 to stay at the main lodge looking back that was a deal. I did not know they went to a ticket system like Glacier National Park. The National Parks are getting overcrowded, I expect for them all to go to a ticket system.zion 2011 237.JPGzion 2011 240.JPGzion 2011 188.JPGzion 2011 197.JPG

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I was there last year and did not really plan bryce for this year. I booked a cheap motel in big water, which is 110 mi away. I think once i get there ill plan tomorrow.
have you visited the antelope canyons near Page? You're going right past them, an interesting thing to see if you haven't before. And horseshoe bend is just south of Page.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
have you visited the antelope canyons near Page? You're going right past them, an interesting thing to see if you haven't before. And horseshoe bend is just south of Page.
Thank you! Def along my way. I have been thinking about
Making
My return to pagosa springs take two days. These stops would do it!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Coming and going! Im, i think, a bit sad. Im heading from the brown rock into the grey rock. I guess this means im gonna start working my way home.
When i left pagosa for the west, the four corners was closed and upon return, the same. I cant get mad because the navajoes are taking care of themselves.
Last year, i was in utah and was assured they had things w this corona under control. They did not! This time, they are working hard on it. I didnt mind the little inconveniences at all.
So, lets see what tomorrow brings. Even if im heading home in a few days, there is still a ton of great riding to be done and countless682C5CB1-DE48-4B65-A807-4DCA056C8840.jpeg things to be seen and loved.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I like how you roll. Awesome pictures and updates. I hate to see you head east but.... just don’t get in a hurry to get home.
I rock and roll! Garcia, neil, tommy etc. yea, these weeks went way too fast. I have about 20 days left and am picking my brain trying to find an angle to extend it. Regrettably, all angles are selfish. My clients are bitching.
So, on a lighter note, im gonna charge them an arm and a leg so i can travel comfortably this fall. I want to hit northern us until the cold drives me south.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
My clients are bitching.
So, on a lighter note, im gonna charge them an arm and a leg so i can travel comfortably this fall. I want to hit northern us until the cold drives me south.
All my contractor buddies are drowning in work. Jacked up the labor rates 30-40%, still overloaded. Makes me wish I had stayed in the game. Go home, charge the going rates and smile. The fall ain't far away when another trip is your goal.

RT

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
All my contractor buddies are drowning in work. Jacked up the labor rates 30-40%, still overloaded. Makes me wish I had stayed in the game. Go home, charge the going rates and smile. The fall ain't far away when another trip is your goal.

RT
I threaten but crack and charge what i always have. I have some good clients. They saved me when i was down to one bag of ramen.

Top Bottom