OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Leaving my kids was really tough this morning. I left before they got up because i was afraid id crack. Rode wolf creek pass with blurry vision.
I was going to go to sturgis but the temp dropped to 34 and clouds were looking like snow. So, i headed east and am on rt 160. Being brilliant, i thought i would beat the clouds, but im really not that brilliant after all.
In no time, i was in rain, hail, wind and snow. Oh well. Grabbed a motel and here i am in fort garland co. I might b stuck here tomorrow too. We shall see in the morning.
F65A544D-D278-438C-B993-864ADC8EF4E0.jpeg9878A097-4EC0-4302-9592-385C13EE5F0F.jpeg70F20010-ED7E-4095-95D9-2A27C156F1D1.jpeg81B586FF-EEA5-4A55-9774-184DE09B70B2.jpeg

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
I asked before, but I'm really curious what you have for riding gear. You have ridden through some pretty cold/wet/harsh conditions so I'm wondering what works, what doesn't, and relative comfort levels, etc.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I asked before, but I'm really curious what you have for riding gear. You have ridden through some pretty cold/wet/harsh conditions so I'm wondering what works, what doesn't, and relative comfort levels, etc.
I have a rain suit that i bought at mountain warehouse for anout $40. Pants and hjacket. My complaints are that the pants have no pockets and the jacket zippers(pocket) go up to close. The gear is great tho.
My rain gloves are rubber floves w the brown cotton gloves stuffed inside. Work great! For cold weather, i use ski gloves that my kids gave me. My fave gloves were about $30 at home depot.
Im not big at all on $300 rain suits or $100 gloves. I dont think they are worth the $$.
My boots are timberline pros. They have a very thick anti slip sole. Great boots. About $130.
I use the mesh pants and jacket. When its cols or wet, i pile on the layers. My pants are sedecki, about $140 and my jacket is joe rocket, which i got for $109 after harrassing the guy at the honda shop

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
This is my “ crackhead “ sun visor. Its my fave shield. I ride w it 2/3 closed all the time and it blocks the sun. I used blue painters tape.
When its raining, and if im not an idiot and forget to keep it at the top of my dry sack, i use a clear shield, and really hate closing it all the way. BF6D1F2B-F035-4FCC-91BC-BBF147A85D25.jpeg

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
These are my “ usual” gloves. U can see i cut the index finger off so i can change spotify tunes while im riding. 530EC37A-4F4D-40C0-995A-07C69A02ACD7.jpeg

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
I had a feeling that you were a low buck, low tech guy. And don't take that the wrong way, not intended as a slight at all. If it works for you, and clearly it does, that is all that matters. With the miles you have rolled, there's no argument. Enjoy the ride!

RT

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I had a feeling that you were a low buck, low tech guy. And don't take that the wrong way, not intended as a slight at all. If it works for you, and clearly it does, that is all that matters. With the miles you have rolled, there's no argument. Enjoy the ride!

RT
I will! Many thanks. I spend my winters thinking about bike cheats. For example, my sheepskin on my saddle is held on w carpet tape. About $10 and enough for 20 bikes. The clips drove me nuts, so i found another way. I think finding cheats is a ball!
Keep it simple! You will never find me w matched equip or a gal with perfect make up on the back!
I did spend all of the money on tires and oil changes. Same w air and gas filters. I wont cheat w those things!

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
I will! Many thanks. I spend my winters thinking about bike cheats. For example, my sheepskin on my saddle is held on w carpet tape. About $10 and enough for 20 bikes. The clips drove me nuts, so i found another way. I think finding cheats is a ball!
Keep it simple! You will never find me w matched equip or a gal with perfect make up on the back!
I did spend all of the money on tires and oil changes. Same w air and gas filters. I wont cheat w those things!
I have thin Caribbean blood, so heated gear and a 'Stich is the only way I'll do cold/wet riding. Everything else though I'm with ya. Particularly the makeup thing, if they're doing that, I can't afford them! Ride safe!

RT

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I have thin Caribbean blood, so heated gear and a 'Stich is the only way I'll do cold/wet riding. Everything else though I'm with ya. Particularly the makeup thing, if they're doing that, I can't afford them! Ride safe!

RT
I live in boston and bought my ride in providence. A very good man sold it to me and bought a wing. Now he wants it back! Good luck! Next time in in rhody, ill chat you up!

Top Bottom