• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

World-Wide A-Z (Round 5)

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Shelley VIC, AUS

1629087598192.jpeg

Shelley no longer a town, just a locality, pretty much went backwards when the rail line closed in the 1970's. It is just up the road from one of my previously listed towns, Koetong - post #74 in this thread. It is so small, it hasn't even got a Wiki page, but there is some information on the 1st link below. To save you some time, the population is 7.

Shelley is in motorcycle heaven, the roads in the area are two-way undivided, little traffic and constructed to a high standard. It's not unknown for motorcyclists to ride the long sweeping curves and crests at speeds of 180km/h. Ahh, so I've been told.

Last edited:
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Wattle Glen Railway Station

1629938335093.png

One of my other bikes, a Giant ATX MTB. I've had this for around 25 years, took it as a trade-in when I owned a bicycle shop. Wattle Glen is an easy, pleasant ride 15km ride from home along the residential streets, bike paths and trails. It is one of my current destinations whilst we are under COVID travel restrictions in AUS.

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Newman! I took the long way home from work this evening and got a pic in Woodville, Alabama but am too late on the posting uptick. Shoulda posted before making dinner. At least I got a nice 60 mile ride on country roads.

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Newman! I took the long way home from work this evening and got a pic in Woodville, Alabama but am too late on the posting uptick. Shoulda posted before making dinner. At least I got a nice 60 mile ride on country roads.
Ha Ha! You gotta be quicker than that. At least you got a "W" pic for next time, but you better be quick, I already have another for Winki Pop. Either way, I hope your pic clearly shows your "new" brake light.

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Yarck, VIC - you may need to zoom-in to read the sign.

Yarck has a population of 168, a small collection of houses, a few shops and a hotel on the Maroondah Highway, approx. 100km NE of Melbourne, enough to have an 80km/h speed limit. Care is needed not to exceed the speed limit. Rumour is that the local copper booked his own mother for speeding. Whether or not that is true has been lost in time, however I do know that he booked a mate for having the rear tyre on his GSX1400 outfit mounted the wrong way .

Yarck 1.jpg

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hey Mellow!

Advance that ticker one up... I'll start Round 3 with....

20211002_164422.jpg

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
OH that is almost cheating......
T
Almost, but not really...
I hit it on a return. I was down at Fairfield, running to Rosalia via Waverly. Instead of hitting 195 North, I cut over to Cheney and came into Airway Heights from the backside.

I might have just ridden over and back, but there's a pesky freeway entrance to 90 E that can prove to be challenging for some...
:mytruck:

Last edited:
Top Bottom