Way out West June Trip...

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Here is a long day trip for 89A from Gilbert and back; Yarnell hill, Jerome, Sedona and Flagstaff.

Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
If you are going into SoCal I suspect BigTom can show you how to get to Julian and Palomar mountain.
He's always looking for an excuse to get to Julian for some Apple Pie... :D

Then you would go north by Idyllwild and on continue on North through Frazier Park.

Mark

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Jay, I'd be happy to join ya on that 89A/Mingus Mountain/Jerome ride.

Mark??
George,

Sounds great, come on. Mark you gonne ride with us?

When we get into Gilbert or the day before, one of us will PM you and give you a cell number.

JD

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thanks again Mark. I lived in San Diego for ten years. I miss the apple pies in Julian and riding Palomar Mountain.

Rides to San Felipe Mexico were a blast also!!

JD
Sorry... didn't mean to try and teach you to suck eggs... I can't read the 2007 MS S&T (I'm on 2004) so I couldn't tell if you had Julian on there.

Good riding for sure.

Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
George,

Sounds great, come on. Mark you gonne ride with us?

When we get into Gilbert or the day before, one of us will PM you and give you a cell number.

JD
:) Jay got my cell number a couple of hours ago...
I have George's number.
(probably been in my contacts since our 666 ride).

Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Don't know how long you're going to have; but another *long* single day trip is from Gilbert out to Safford/Clifton up the 191 (old 666) and back through the Salt River Canyon (it is on the route from 40 too) to Gilbert.
Long on beauty and great roads too.

Mark

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Sorry... didn't mean to try and teach you to suck eggs... I can't read the 2007 MS S&T (I'm on 2004) so I couldn't tell if you had Julian on there.

Good riding for sure.

Mark
I wish I had stayed with the 2004 version now. Seems not many people have the 2007 version!!

We are staying north on this trip though. San Diego will have to wait for the next trip.

JD

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Quote by Mark
If you are going into SoCal I suspect BigTom can show you how to get to Julian and Palomar mountain.
He's always looking for an excuse to get to Julian for some Apple Pie...
Not only do I love the pie...I look like I love the pie! Not like one of those lying skinny folk!

I am seriously ready to ride where ever and nearly when ever...I can be gone for a day just about anytime...

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
I did get the number, and I'll give you a call. I've been talking to George too. He's all game for a day ride or something as well. Looks like the plan is coming together, and good thing too, it's only 16 days away. :eek:

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
The Way Out West Trip has begun!!! I left Jacksonville FL for BygDawg's place in Mississippi this morning. I am in Sylacauga, AL visiting friends tonight. Bygdawg and I will be heading out in a couple of days

More to follow . . . . . . . .

JD

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Woo Hoo! I finally get to test out these new 021's. :hotpepper Oh...and see lots and lots of the West / Pacific Northwest. :D

:hat1:

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Woo Hoo! I finally get to test out these new 021's. :hotpepper Oh...and see lots and lots of the West / Pacific Northwest. :D

:hat1:
And we, quite in the interest of science, hope for some tread-depth reports smuggled into some pictures along the way! :)

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Well...James is bringing the laptop, and I'm going to try to keep good notes, as I may do a Rider article when we return. :D

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Made it into BygDawg's place here in Mississippi. Beautiful day riding. We did oil changes on the ST's. Quick and uneventful, then we went to Wally World to pick up a set of lights for me (gonna throw those on in the morning). Jay's J&M is not transmitting. We will trouble shoot that in the morning as well. Looks like we will be heading out Wednesday morning for the Wild Wild West.

More to follow (soon to be posting with beautiful pictures!!) . . . . . .

JD

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
J&M issue solved. It was just a faulty connection going into the helmet, no big deal. Cleaned and prepped the bikes today. We will depart early in the AM.

Top Bottom