Orange Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitor-TPMS (DO NOT BUY)

STOC #
Re: TP Checker Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitor

To bump this thread and get some more information before I pull the trigger on this:

Has the manufacturer addressed the problem of sealing the valve stem? I read several reviews (old) where the buyer had to go out and find a rubber washer/grommet to affect a seal. I don't want to have to take the wheels off twice.

By the way, these are available on Amazon for $138.00 with free shipping. FWIW
Interesting since Orange Electronic has an established Minimum Advertised Price police and this is well below it. Since someone else has violated it I have no problem matching it now. I'll update my site first thing Monday.

racinj

Jason Johnson
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #

I just installed one that I won from the January giveaway. So far so good and I am enjoying their product.

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #

I mounted mine today, and with the transmtters installed, the rear wheel needed 3/4 ounce of lead and the front need 1 1/4 ounces. That was with stock wheels and PR3s. Not shabby in the slightest.

racinj

Jason Johnson
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #

I am wondering what is a safe increase in pressure and temperature. Anyone have any information on this?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

I am wondering what is a safe increase in pressure and temperature. Anyone have any information on this?
The pressure and temps go up once you start riding.. I was surprised by how much both rise.. several lbs in both tires and usually more from the rear tire.

racinj

Jason Johnson
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #

The pressure and temps go up once you start riding.. I was surprised by how much both rise.. several lbs in both tires and usually more from the rear tire.
Yes I was surprised at how much they went up and how quickly. I was just trying to figure out how much is normal and what is something to be concerned with. I when I was drag racing the increase with my slicks was about 1 lb for every 10 degrees. Was just looking for some kind of standard but I am sure the increase is more in the hot summer.

STOC #

since we are still in winter, pressure also goes down with temperature and that too is dangerous.
I think your tire manufacture has a chart as to operating temps. Maybe Two Brother can help.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

I changed my front tire and decided to take some pics of the TPMS installed, someone asked on another thread if a flat tire would cause issues with the sensor, for the front tire I think it would be fine. When I change out the rear tire I'll take additional pics but it will be a while.

Ilbikes

I love old bikes
Vendor
Bike
09 ST

These are somewhat bulky and will have to share space with a deflated, wadded-up tire for several revolutions, so there could be other clearance issues. I think I will carry a pair of conventional stems in my repair/change kit packed low in the left saddle bag. Thanks for taking and posting. I'm getting close to having mine installed. Gordon

STOC #
Re: Orange Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitor-TPMS

Joe, hoping you can modify the title on this thread so we can use it as a warning.

WARNING!!!!

Do Not Purchase an Orange Electronics TPMS

Orange Electronics folded up virtually Overnight with no notice or warning to its many vendors, one of them being me!
I only found out about then being closed up when I 1) Tried to contact them to replace MY defective unit and 2) was about to reorder more product.

Within days of me finding out they closed up their North America Office and were directing us to their office in Tawian, I began to hear from more and more people who, like me, had failing units.

Things got even "better" Because the company went into "receivership" the company handling the receivership is now going after all vendors in an attempt to collect twice for product sold and paid for by us. Yeah, you read that right, they are simply stating that the vendors did not pay and demanding payment again.

All Orange Products being sold now are WITHOUT warranty and with the numbers I see for failing units, I would advise you to stay away from the product.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Smart Tire went away as well but their units were very good. Sorry to hear that the Orange units are failing and the have folded. Best of luck Larry. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for the info Larry, really sux as it seemed to be a great item. Mine stopped working after your first post but I haven't had the time to take it off and do any testing.

I updated the title and 1st post.

sscharf

That stinks. I have had a TPMS on my bike for a few years now - I don't want to live without it. I wonder if factory-installed units are relatively trouble-free compared to aftermarket.

steve

STOC #
I just received this reply from Orange and for the record, this is different from the last story that went through the rumor mill, that being they had trouble with the manufacturing in Twain and were searching for a new manufacture.

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the late reply.
There might be some info lost and we don’t have enough info to contact you.

Our original US distributor suddenly closed their entity and made us some confusion.
We are also the victim on this issue.

We are re-organizing in the US and should be available around end of August.

This new office will be able to deal with your warranty issue.

Pls wait for a while and I will keep you update on this.

Sorry for this again.

Thanks,

Ray
Orange Electronic
15, Lane 81, Sec2 Tanfu Rd., Tanzih, Taichung, Taiwan
office: +886.4.2535.1558 | fax: +886.4.2535.1582
Orange-Electronic.com | facebook
I'm trying everything I can guys....I'll stay on top of them, but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
The company I work for has a electronics division in Taiwan. I'll give my counterpart there a call and ask if they know anything about them.

Top Bottom