TPMS - Which One??

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Dave,
Does your Orange TPMS default to pressure/temp alternating readings?

When I fire mine up it defaults to continous pressure readings. If I tap the top button twice in succession, it goes into an alternating mode. Would like to find out how to get it to stay in that mode by default.
T
I will have to check???? , but I think it just comes on with pressure only. Have to tap button to get it to alternate.

sent from my Droid phone.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Doran unit here for almost three years and no issues. Will order new sensors just for back up incase the batteries go when I'm on a trip. Happy with the product!!!!

Jay

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Doran unit here for almost three years and no issues. Will order new sensors just for back up incase the batteries go when I'm on a trip. Happy with the product!!!!

Jay
Yup, if I was to do it again...will go with the Doran. I should have got Doran in first place, but didn't and went with Orange. Will see how it holds up longterm.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Yup, if I was to do it again...will go with the Doran. I should have got Doran in first place, but didn't and went with Orange. Will see how it holds up longterm.
Dave hope everything works out for you. Whatever TPMS we use I think it is important and will help with tire wear and piece of mind. New sensors from Doran is $25.00 each.

Jay

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #

Jay
Probably a good idea at this stage, Jay, you may be approaching the end. My sensors lasted 2 years, but had cold winter storage... lithiums don't like cold, plus I always left them on the bike (pressure activated) so they are always transmitting. I wouldn't order sensors normally too far in advance. Doran will have them to you from Ohio in a couple of days. Told me they would ship to Canada for an extra few bucks, but that means a Customs delay.... so I sent them to my NY address and will pick them up Friday while I'm there. Worst case, you use a pressure gauge just like you did in the Old Tech days......

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Well I have to say the Orange TPMS has been working great. I have logged about 8500 miles with it and it has been working great since I got the new sensors. It is nice to be to glance over and see what the tire pressure is in both wheels. So far, so good!!

sent from my Droid phone.

Top Bottom