Rear turnsignal lens problem..cracking

My 2005, has the same problem, you would think it was pictures of my bikes lens. Never backed into anything, it has been that way for a number of years and hasn't caused any malfunctions to date. Strange?

how cold is it when ya'll are riding? To me it looks as if it might be an extreme cold / hot brake light issue possible.. as in you ride.. its cold as hell brake light at a red light.. heats up the lense.. cracks at the joint.. vibration of the road worsens/compounds problem..
but without recreating the situation Im not sure

OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Since the inner rear fender is in the way, you'll pull the rack off, along with the rear cowl, which the light is attached to.
Thanks for the pics SupraSabre will refer to them when I swap it out

My 2005, has the same problem, you would think it was pictures of my bikes lens. Never backed into anything, it has been that way for a number of years and hasn't caused any malfunctions to date. Strange?
Well that makes at least 3 of us..you, Carl and myself

how cold is it when ya'll are riding? To me it looks as if it might be an extreme cold / hot brake light issue possible.. as in you ride.. its cold as hell brake light at a red light.. heats up the lense.. cracks at the joint.. vibration of the road worsens/compounds problem..
but without recreating the situation Im not sure
I think the coldest I rode down to this year was about 13 and it gets below zero outside (my bike is garaged) but I haven't ridden below zero in quite a few years. Coldest I have ridden in (not this bike) was Jan 1982 minus 9 with minus 37 wind chill. Never again!

Top Bottom