Crashed my ST last Thursday. Now...decisions to make

OP
OP
mgilles0
Bike
2006 Black ST13
Actually I had a friend who recommended the FJR before I tarted this thread, but point taken. ;)

Congrats Mike! Don't forget who made the suggestion first... that person should be able to take it out for a spin . ;)

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Hi Everyone, after a lot of research and soul searching and riding several bikes including a 2012 ST, I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a 2013 FJR. I am very pleased with the bike so far. Thank you for all of your input. -Mike
Fantastic! I can tell you right now you are going to really have a heck of a good time on your new Feejer. Let us know what you think of the drive modes. I discovered something recently that is subtle but a nice refinement of the throttle-by-wire. When idling, shift into first, then let the clutch out slowly without moving the throttle. As the clutch begins to engage, the servo will kick up the rpm by 100 or so (from an idle of 1100). I believe this is to assist in moving out without overloading the engine, sort of a stall prevention or something. Very tiny little detail but it adds to the superb throttle management of the YCC-T.

Rock on!

Dan

OP
OP
mgilles0
Bike
2006 Black ST13
I'll try that. Thank you Dan. :)

Fantastic! I can tell you right now you are going to really have a heck of a good time on your new Feejer. Let us know what you think of the drive modes. I discovered something recently that is subtle but a nice refinement of the throttle-by-wire. When idling, shift into first, then let the clutch out slowly without moving the throttle. As the clutch begins to engage, the servo will kick up the rpm by 100 or so (from an idle of 1100). I believe this is to assist in moving out without overloading the engine, sort of a stall prevention or something. Very tiny little detail but it adds to the superb throttle management of the YCC-T.

Rock on!

Dan

Top Bottom