Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

Bike
2005 Concours
It's hard to believe it's been a year since we last saw our dear friend at DinkieStoc. As stated by others, Bob was always one of the first persons to great you, and give you a hug.

While attending ArkanStoc, a few weeks ago, I thought of Bob every time I would go for a ride. It was the last time we road together, and had lunch at the Ozark Cafe. He is always with me. I have two pictures of him...one by the computer with Dinke, Bob & myself. Taken by John Sisk in Marion Il. The other was taken by Keith at Dinkie's. It hangs in the garage over my work bench.

I too have a bottle of Crown, that I'll break out Saturday and give a toast to my friend & mentor.

RIP.....BDonald....I miss you!

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
One year ago today I was on my way to DinkieSTOC. That was our friend Bob Donaldson's last STOC event. I sure miss visiting with him.
Rest in peace Bob.
Thanks so much for the reminder, Keith.
All of us who knew Bob have a special place in our hearts for him. I'm fortunate to say that I rode several hundred........maybe thousands of miles with Bob. I was able to spend some nights with Bob sharing a motel room and dinner time. He shared a lot with me, and I felt I knew him. I miss his warm smile, firm hand shake and hug at each one of the events when he would greet me. He was a great friend to all of us and left us with memories that none of us will forget.

RIP my good friend.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I miss Bob... just like everyone here. Made a several trips across the US with him... he used to complain that I made him eat too much! Once Bob got on the road, it was hard to pry him off the bike unless you knew the signal for "coffee". My second ride with Bob lasted 15 days and I knew then I had a special friend. I have several pictures of Bob on this computer which are great... But in the shop I have something Bob gave me during the last few months he was with us. I think of him every time I walk by them. And, thanks to Tony (his son) I have the riding suit he wore when the picture of his "Wave" on the blue Wing was taken. (need to lose a few pounds to fit it properly). The place in Florida that was so special to him and his wife, is now special to me even though I had never been there before.
The final chapter is not yet closed until those two bricks we bought are in place. I talked with the gentleman a few days ago and he said they have had some really bad weather and the bricks will be placed soon. I am still waiting for the call. The pictures will be posted as soon as I can get them.
R I P my friend!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Received the phone call I've been waiting for... Bob's bricks are finally set at the Veterans Memorial Park! Now I have to get myself down there and take the pictures. Thanks again for all who contributed.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Thanks Tom, I hope you'll share the pictures after you make it down there.
Absolutely, that would be the reason for making the trip! One reason I hardly post pictures, I am technically challenged.... some of the microsoft upgrades have in the past caused issues with vbulletin, plus I have forgotten how to resize the pictures to keep them from getting rejected. Have a new tablet with M/S 10 installed and will experiment with that. I may have to use my "smart phone" to post the pictures. If all that fails, I will email them to you, Jeff and I know it will happen!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Absolutely, that would be the reason for making the trip! One reason I hardly post pictures, I am technically challenged.... some of the microsoft upgrades have in the past caused issues with vbulletin, plus I have forgotten how to resize the pictures to keep them from getting rejected. Have a new tablet with M/S 10 installed and will experiment with that. I may have to use my "smart phone" to post the pictures. If all that fails, I will email them to you, Jeff and I know it will happen!
Vinny,

Thank you for doing this. The easiest way to post pictures here for me without re-sizing them on the computer is using my smart phone with Tapatalk just take the picture with your phone, go to ST-owners find the thread you want and add the picture and whatever you want to write. Way easy.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Received the phone call I've been waiting for... Bob's bricks are finally set at the Veterans Memorial Park! Now I have to get myself down there and take the pictures. Thanks again for all who contributed.
Just maybe might head down there next spring to see those bricks and remember Bob and the memorial last spring. Yep, it's a plan. The same relative date is April 30.

Greg

Last edited:

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Just maybe might head down there next spring to see those bricks and remember Bob and the memorial last spring. Yep, it's a plan. The same relative date is April 30.

Greg
You might have some company.
Mike

Bike
2005 Concours
I'm a day late in posting. Yesterday was a very busy day for me. New entry door installed....wrenched back while helping carpenter.....major discomfort today.

I've missed Bob every day, since his passing. Some days more than others. He was such a special person to me and others as well.

I'd like to go to Florida again, but that probably won't happen, at least next year. I'm looking forward to next years FerryStoc. That's where I met Bob and got involved with STOwners to start with.

RIP BDonald

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Another apology for not getting the pictures posted soon enough... had some difficulties during FL-stoc trying to post the pictures of Bob's Bricks. Took pictures with my Tablet, my old point and shoot camera, and my smart a** phone! Had wonderful shots of the State Park near Port St. Joe, and many of the bricks with my tablet.. but before I could post them, I dropped it and the edge of the screen hit the trailer hitch on the wing and shattered it! Bummer. Well the smart a** phone would not open the pics from the folder they were in, so I will have to learn what I did wrong. Last, just down loaded the pics from the old camera and will give that a shot.
The pictures are one of each brick with some perspective as to where they are placed in reference to the flag pole. Most fitting is that Bob's Bricks are in the most prominent spots in the entire collection... the only brick in a more superior position than Bob's is the "founder" of the memorial park. I was very happy they did this for Bob and for us!
DSC01837.jpg
zoom in, it's next to the pole at the top of the field...
DSC01836.jpg

If I can recover the better shots from my tablet, I will post them also.
Thanks again for all who made this possible!

Top Bottom