Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Thanks everyone for the wonderful pics. I so much wanted to be there but medical issues kept me at home :(. Very fitting for a GREAT man, loved by us all. RIP Mr Donaldson

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Wow, Jeff! You have exceeded all your previous great work Thanks.

Greg

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Dinkie,
Great write up, photos and tribute to Bob. Della and I were some of the fortunate ones who were able to ride and hang out with Bob on numerous occasions over the past few years. It was always a treat and always special to be in his company. I think that he was the most honorable man that I've ever met. I am a better man for learning from him and spending time with him. He will never be forgotten in our household.

Bike
2004 ST1300/XR650L
STOC #
Thanks to everyone who posted there pics. Thanks for the video Jeff, the playing of taps was awesome. I wish I could have gone.

Dennis

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Thanks everyone for posting pics for those of us who didn't take any. Landed home 5-8-15 after 19 days and just shy of 9000 miles. Had a blast looking at America

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Thanks to everyone for posting pix and the video of Bob's Memorial.
A Great Tribute to a Great Man!

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I can't thank you enough for the photos and the simply amazing video of the ceremony, Jeff.
The video brought tears to my eyes again and most likely will when everr I watch it.
Wonderful, Jeff. We all miss him and loved him so much.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Did anyone pick up 2 stainless steel Jaegermeister shot glasses from this event? I know that I forgot them on the picnic table at the event in Florida.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
As many of you know, Bob's ashes were scattered at a beautiful beach at Cape San Blas, Florida. It was a place with special meaning to Bob because that's where he scattered his late wife's ashes when she passed six years earlier. Since it is a state park, we can not leave a marking of any kind. Instead, we would like to commemorate Bob with a permanent marking at the Veteran's Memorial Park in Apalachicola, Florida where we honored his heroic military career. For this cause, I am soliciting donations for an engraved brick to be placed at the base of the American Flag in front of the "Three Soldiers Detail" in this beautiful Veterans park. Any and all donations exceeding the cost of the brick will be donated to the park to keep it in operation.
Once the brick has been placed, I will travel there and take a picture of it, mark the spot with Latitude and Longitude, post it so any member can travel to that spot and pay respect and remember our friend and fellow member.

Please send donations in cash or check to:

Tom Vincent, 95 Porter Springs Drive, Dahlonega, Ga 30533

After 30 days, I will post a summary of funds donated and at that time will order the marker.

Thanks to all in advance.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
That's a great idea Vinny. Do you have a PayPal acct, or would you rather have us send a check?

Thanks...John
I have a paypal account, but don't know how to use it other than pay for things I order.. so to keep it simple, please send a check or cash. Thanks

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Have 40% of the cost, thanks to some generous folks. Still need some contributions to make this happen for our departed friend and former member of the year. Thanks in advance if your donation is in the mail!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Just seeing this Vinny, thanks, checks in the mail. (Monday)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I am out of town now going to a memorial service for superdav on Monday. When I get back I will send you another check to help cover the cost.

Top Bottom