Is the fuel pressure regulator mod still available?

I have a -2015 Pan that shows symptoms or runnig lean in some rpm areas. I read about a modified fuel pressure regulator that improves the lean spots. Is that mod still available? I can not find any supplier

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Another surge fix up was the Ivan's FCE,,, or fuel cut eliminator. As far as I know,, they are not made any more. But some of us have them in our workshop drawers,, never installed. Some bikes really benefited from them. Others never seemed to need them. Cat'

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The Turbo City FPR was adjusted to 5-10 psi above stock (which is 50). Any shop that does fuel system work should be able to adjust one for you. I'd get a properly-adjusted spare so getting back to stock is easy if something goes wrong.

--Mark

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Blrfl,

Would you know where in NoVa one could have the adjustment done? It's looking like I'll be tearing into my guts area and just might do this mod while I'm in there if I can find someplace to have the OEM regulator adjusted.

Thanks!

Hi, the factory original regulator is not adjustable, but the pressure can be changed by slightly crushing the top (spring area) of the regulator- raising the pressure. must be done carefully as it can not be undone. you must also come up with a way to measure the pressure as the modification is done. i have done quite a few one off regulators this way.

can provide more details if required

Thanks Tom

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I think I have one of Tom's original modified (58 PSI) regulators lying around if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bike
05 ST1300
I think I have one of Tom's original modified (58 PSI) regulators lying around if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you still have that TC FP regulator lying around by chance?
Wondering why you never installed it? I'm going in under the tank soon to install my new MC cruise control and K&N.
Cheers,
Mike

Bike
05 ST1300
Hi Tom,

Hi, the factory original regulator is not adjustable, but the pressure can be changed by slightly crushing the top (spring area) of the regulator- raising the pressure. must be done carefully as it can not be undone. you must also come up with a way to measure the pressure as the modification is done. i have done quite a few one off regulators this way.

can provide more details if required

Thanks Tom
Hi Tom,
Is it true you no longer supply the higher setting FP regulator? I'm going to install the MC cruise control and a K&N air filter and while I'm at it.........I would try the higher pressure reg if it was available?
Cheers,
Mike

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Do you still have that TC FP regulator lying around by chance?
Wondering why you never installed it? I'm going in under the tank soon to install my new MC cruise control and K&N.
Cheers,
Mike
I literally just gave it away a couple of weeks ago, sorry.

here is a write up i did for the Africa Twins-- the set up is different but would be done at home the same way

Funny thing, the guys with the Africa Twins are completely disinterested in the FPR mod- works excellent on my 2017- its their lost.....

Thanks Tom

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
here is a write up i did for the Africa Twins-- the set up is different but would be done at home the same way

Funny thing, the guys with the Africa Twins are completely disinterested in the FPR mod- works excellent on my 2017- its their lost.....

Thanks Tom
Tom would you have a list of the pressures of the regulators you used to mod for the ST? As I recall you sold a few different pressures.

stock pressure was 50# general upgrade was 58# replacement exhaust 60# free flow exhaust and K&N filter 61/62# not much gain from going higher.
I did do a few at 56# but they still had some of the undesirable riding conditions- these went to people that rode very conservative.

Thanks Tom

Top Bottom