Show us your Dual Sport!

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Good looking KLR delta st, how many miles on it? I've been farkling the KLR I bought last December quite a bit lately. I just bought a Seat Concepts seat and need to give it a ride today.

Raymond
My Seat Concepts kit for the Tenere was some of the best farkling money that I have spent. Lots of bang and comfort for your buck (butt). It's made the ride 10x more enjoyable. I hope yours does the same for you.

Bike
2016 Kawasaki V1K LT
STOC #
Y
Your DRZ Patti is set up very similar too mine except for your gel seat compared to my Seat concepts one and my modded Bandit windscreen. I recently put the supermoto front fender on and it has eliminated the pushing around of the front from the wind.

Yes they are, except for color. The black looks nice! The seat on it is a Corbin that I got of of ebay. Not liking it that much, still trying to decided if I want to keep it or not. Thinking about getting the OEM seat reworked from Fisher seats. I haven't noticed the wind pushing the front fender around at higher speeds though?

Here's my 1999 Yamaha TW200 Trail Way. Just picked it up this spring. This is my first "dirt bike" so I wanted something small, light and 4-stroke. It's not fast but it will go anywhere.

1999 Yamaha TW200_002.jpg

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Here's my 1999 Yamaha TW200 Trail Way. Just picked it up this spring. This is my first "dirt bike" so I wanted something small, light and 4-stroke. It's not fast but it will go anywhere.

1999 Yamaha TW200_002.jpg
These are great bikes. Surprisingly there are some riders that travel very long distances on the TW200.

Bike
1984 Shadow 700
It must just be me, but seems like most of the bikes shown are either a dirt bike or a tourer bike. They might be called a dual sport or the owners might think if them as a dual sport, but when i look at them it seems to me they are one or the other...

and DANG, there are some nice bikes here!

When i htink of a dual sport, i think of a bike I can ride 1000 miles one day and the next, wake up and take it right off the road, AND THEN pick it off the ground when i wreck and NOT WORRY about all the plastic when i wreck...

there are few bikes posted here so far that would fall into that category... which in my mind is a true dual sport...

not looking for a fight or argument, or bashing anyone AT ALL....just an observation...

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
superdiver if KLR or a DRZ is not a dual sport what is? I'd hate to do a 1000 mile on anything less then a KLR-DRZ650.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
It must just be me, but seems like most of the bikes shown are either a dirt bike or a tourer bike. They might be called a dual sport or the owners might think if them as a dual sport, but when i look at them it seems to me they are one or the other...

When i htink of a dual sport, i think of a bike I can ride 1000 miles one day and the next, wake up and take it right off the road, AND THEN pick it off the ground when i wreck and NOT WORRY about all the plastic when i wreck...

there are few bikes posted here so far that would fall into that category... which in my mind is a true dual sport...

And they are, which ones?

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #

not looking for a fight or argument, or bashing anyone AT ALL....just an observation...
Here's a shot of mine on the Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park.

I don't quite qualify as my longest day so far is 920 miles. But it's crashed lots of times and has always been ride-able afterwards. If the seat was only a few inches lower it might be perfect. The bike can pretty much ride anything. Here, I'm following a 950 Adventure

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Took a little ride on the DR the other day to celebrate my favorite month of September. Did some leaf Peeping. Aspen are changing and the colors are magnificent, as usual for September in Colorado. Here are some pictures. please click on them and enjoy. Only In Colorado

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
It's just sitting in my M/C shed while I rehab this new right knee replacement but as soon as I can, I'll be out on it again. Use it for kicking around the back roads here in Texas. If I have a long run to do, my 02 Gold Wing ABS gets the call to duty.

Attachments

Top Bottom