Glacier NP and Banff NP Accommodations?

Bike
GL1800
Thanks to everyone for the information.

I'm sure it will make the trip even more enjoyable.

MeanST, those pics really got us more excited about the trip, THANKS!

Steve
The route up to Kaslo on #3A/31 is highly recommneded but just did not work out for us due to time factors.

If you have time take a peek at Lake Moraine...just a few minutes from Lake Louise.

Be prepared for any weather. The week before we were there, it was in 90s plus but dipped to low forties with rain for some of our trip. Like all mountain trips the altitude can help or hurt.....depends.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Steve Gunn
Gunner - I'm planning on being in Glacier and into Canada last week of July. When will you be in the area?

Gary J.
We are leaving the Dallas area on Sunday, August 2nd and will arrive in Kalispell Tuesday. Wednesday we'll visit Glacier NP and head north toward Banff that afternoon.

With the 100+ degree heat we've been having' I can hardly wait to get up into the mountains' even if the weather is wet and cold.

Here's another question for those who have traveled the area, are the motels full and I need reservations (other than Lake Louise)?

Last year on our southern Utah trip we made reservations and it was a good thing. We talked to several people who were having a real tough time finding a room from Capitol Reef down to Zion.

Steve

lti_57

Above the center of the Earth
Bike
95 ST 1100
Nah can?t help with lodging
But man what a nice trip
Also you will enjoy Nelson BC small hippie sort of town place where "Roxanne" with Steve Martin was filmed years ago.
When the wife and I visited there ,we were ready to move and live there.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Steve
I would suggest making reservations. Most places have a 24 hr or less cancellation policy so it allows you quite a bit of flexibility. Saves having to sleep on a picnic table beside the road.
Those cabins that Marty mentioned are right at the junction of 93 & 1 near Banff. Would make a great place to stop at the end of the day from Kalispell.
Rod

Bike
ST 1300 Blue
STOC #
If you ae heading west to Revelstoke from Lake Louise, a beautiful stop is Emerald Lake. Just past Field BC. One of the prettiest lakes in the area. Nice lodge but reservations needed and pricey. Would (did) make a great romantic weekend getaway. Not far off the highway. If you have the time canoes and hikeing around the lake.:04biker:

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Steve Gunn
Steve
I would suggest making reservations. Most places have a 24 hr or less cancellation policy so it allows you quite a bit of flexibility. Saves having to sleep on a picnic table beside the road.
Those cabins that Marty mentioned are right at the junction of 93 & 1 near Banff. Would make a great place to stop at the end of the day from Kalispell.
Rod
Rod,

Thanks for the advice. I've been known to sack out on the side of the road but that's way bellow Tamara's tolerance level.:well1:

Steve

Well, I'm now in a cafe in Jasper and the weather is much better, there is a warming trend. But I have to warn you about the drivers around here, they seem to be paying more attention to the scenery than the road. Yesterday, we saw two motorcyclists lying under yellow sheets on the Icefields Pkwy. It looked like they went full speed into the back of an SUV sitting in a left turn lane. It was a very disturbing and painful sight. Ride safe.

Done the trip to Banff through Glacier twice. First time we made through the park, west to east, and headed into Canada. Stayed just over the border in Cardsten. Nice place. Forget the name, but it was on the main drag into town next to a restaurant. A Denny's type. Sorry, memories not the best with names, but I can picture it, does that help:shrug2:?

Next night stayed in Canmore, just out of the park to the east. It was cheaper, by about half, than staying in Banff. You're only 15-20 minutes from Banff in Canmore.

second trip we ran North from Banff/Lake Louise to Jasper, that was a fun run through the glacier fields. We stayed just north of the Glacier fields at the junction of Rt 93 and Rt11. I believe it was around $125 Canadian for the night. We normally go for the $55-$70 Best Western, Motel 6, Super 8 types. I ride with Seniors, AARP, and CA state workers that can get some excellent discounts.

Hope this helps.

B

Top Bottom