10s

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
We have a pair of sena 10s POS . On the group i hade here no one could sink up with ours. It appears that with ours not updated was the problem. Unfortunately i have nada none zero luck with the sena download on windoze 11 on 2 computers. Anyone have an idea other than carefully placing them in the round file?

STOC #
You downloaded the Sena device manager on your computer? Will the units pair to your phone and synch to each other? You could try to reset them see the troubleshooting section here

OP
OP

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
Our 2 will pair with other and our phones but would not pair with any one tha was here for a rode i put on. When i try to update on on the laptop it will not recognize the headset.

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
You may have to wait a bit when using the Sena Device Manager, mine took several minutes to recognize the device.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
There are some very specific instructions for the different models to get them to turn on so the laptop sees them. You can't just turn them on and expect something to happen.

Chris

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Here's the page that tells you what buttons to push to get Windows to recognize your Sena 10S.

1652649292169.png

It looks like your 10S is the same as my 10C Pro. Hold the Phone Button for more than 5 seconds. You need to do that also when installing the Sena Device Manager software so the driver gets installed properly.

Chris

OP
OP

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
I have tried the 2 charger cables that came with the units. Followed the instructions that daboo copied to here. From what i have read it is a driver issue between sena and Microsoft. There some instructions on how to bypass the security with Microsoft to get the driver to install but windoze 11 is not the same as shown on the instructions. Also it is BS IF that is what has to be done to make this work. Sena offers a wifi dock BUT it looks like it is not compatible with a 10

OP
OP

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
Ok new problem. Went an old windoze 7 pc and got it to partially work. It will now recognize the device in the sena app and go as far as to download the updated firmware BUT when i try to install it i get an error message that says ( recognized device is not connected or is not the same as the connected device ) this is totally insane!!!
I hate to spend more with sena but at least if i go to the 50 it has a wifi docking station and i guess it takes this mess out of the picture

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I updated the firmware on our three 10S units recently and had no problem doing so on my Windows 10 computer.

I understand your frustration, but the complexity of modern computers, operating systems and the myriad of devices that we expect to interoperate with one another make your experience unsurprising.\

Give Sena's customer service a chance to assist you before throwing in the towel.

OP
OP

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
I updated the firmware on our three 10S units recently and had no problem doing so on my Windows 10 computer.

I understand your frustration, but the complexity of modern computers, operating systems and the myriad of devices that we expect to interoperate with one another make your experience unsurprising.\

Give Sena's customer service a chance to assist you before throwing in the towel.
That will be the next step. When i did the last update a while bake with a laptop that longer is here it was seamless. No sena came out with a wifi docking station that removes this complexity but wouldn’t you know it only works on the 30 and up:censored:

thanks for letting me vent

OP
OP

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
so I spent quit a while with sena tech support today. tech guy has NEVER heard of the problem I am having and said he would send me an email tomorrow. after talking to tech I tryed one more thing and got it start the down load. it froze up at 9% , i disconeced the headset and it was still froze. had to shut down the computer to close the app. they are getting closer to the round file

Top Bottom