1991 ST1100 project

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Well, I am about to go out with the bike and I found out that there is a slow leak on the front tire. it will not loose air if it is on center stand but will if on side stand . So the front tire is off and I will get it to a tire store today.:(
Jay, did ya check the valve core? I've had two loose ones in the last year or so (both my own fault.) Tighten the core (and/or install a metal core cap.) No more leak.

Keep us posted.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Yep, +1 on the metal cap. New tar here, I've got a new stem sitting inside it (so I don't forget). This pair of stems should be good to 150,000mi or so, I'd think.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Yep, +1 on the metal cap. New tar here, I've got a new stem sitting inside it (so I don't forget). This pair of stems should be good to 150,000mi or so, I'd think.
Tom, when ya hear that rattle as ya move the bike around the garage, you'll remember that new stem. :D

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
got the stem replaced didn't see any bubbles or any sign of leak. I will going home early today and go for a ride... pictures will be up tonight.

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Tire's fix, I went for a ride around the vineyards. It is windy today, the bike held up pretty good. :03biker:

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #

Here she is! Is there a way where I can adjust the clutch? My finger is too short and I have to use the tip of my fingers before it actually disengages. Unless I just dump the clutch all the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Jay,

Good luck assembling everything. Please post a photo of the finished product and your first impressions of the ST. How are those test rides going? Are you adjusting to the weight of the ST?

I am imagining that you are smiling inside that new helmet<g>.

Take care,

David K.

David, you know I am smiling everytime I am thinking, riding and/ or near the bike. The weight became a non-issue after the one hour test drive today. I went around town, stop and go, some freeway and around my neighborhood and the weight didn't bother me. You mentioned headlight and brakelight modulator, can you fill me in with this?

Last edited:
STOC #
Jay,

Hello. Your ride is looking good. It's nice to see it assembled. There may be some adjustable clutch levers on the market. Hopefully someone can help direct you in the right direction. If not google it. In regards to modulators, here's good start:

http://www.kisantech.com/application2.php

tailBlazer
BE SAFE! Compared to a typical automobile, motorcycle stop lamps are simply too small to attract immediate attention. This is especially true for the cruisers because they are mounted so low to the ground.

tailBlazer overcomes this by rapidly flashing the taillights the instant you apply the brakes. The flash rate then slows down to a steady ON - this cycle lasts about 4 seconds. This flash pattern is called a Deceleration Warning.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) suggests that you pump your brakes at each stop. tailBlazer does it automatically, and by flashing both filaments for a maximum brightness.

tailBlazer Notes
■ Unique exponential decay flash pattern
■ As easy as replacing a bulb
■ Programmable taillight intensity

=========
pathBlazer
BE SEEN! If you're not seen by others around you, you're in trouble.

Most Drivers don't expect to see anything smaller than a car. They may be looking right at you, but a small motorcycle just won't register.

With so many automobiles equipped with Daytime Running Lights (DRL) on the road, motorcycles have a hard time standing out.

pathBlazer headlamp modulator makes a motorcycle 200% more visible.

pathBlazer Notes
■ PathBlazer modulates high or low beam
■ Plug & Play installation for most bikes
■ Adjustable daylight sensitivity

Take care,

David

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Looks good, Jay. Did ya notice my black bike has no tipover covers either. Cheaper than replacing them a couple times a year. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Saddle is Corbin, it came with the bike. I did not put the tipover covers on, they're cracked and I saw George's does not have one so, might as well follow the footstep of a legend.:bow1:

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
You know, it pains me to admit that George is right again, but he is.:)

That SSM is a fine looking motorcycle. My tip over covers will never be replaced, either. They are hanging in so far, but I won't spend the money to put them on again....

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
You know, it pains me to admit that George is right again, but he is.:)

That SSM is a fine looking motorcycle. My tip over covers will never be replaced, either. They are hanging in so far, but I won't spend the money to put them on again....
Hey, I thought you were gonna come up this weekend and help me spread rock! (Good for you on finding better things to do. I have a John Deere 420 with a front bucket and a rock rake to handle the heavy lifting. :D)

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
The bike did great yesterday. I rode it to and from work for over a hundred miles , no problems. The bike accelarated beautifully, this thing rides straight, easy to maneuver. Oh yeah baby, I feel like a kid again!! Thanks George, yu da man!!! Dave, if you need help on your bike hit me up.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The bike did great yesterday. I rode it to and from work for over a hundred miles , no problems. The bike accelarated beautifully, this thing rides straight, easy to maneuver. Oh yeah baby, I feel like a kid again!! Thanks George, yu da man!!! Dave, if you need help on your bike hit me up.
Good to hear, Jay. Let us know the gas mileage when ya figure it.

STOC #
Jay, Hello. It's great to learn how much you enjoy the ST! I am very happy for you!

>Oh yeah baby, I feel like a kid again!! <

Since the ST loves to play a tad above highway speeds, you may want to drop a couple hundred dollars on a radar detector with external audio or visual alerts before you have to donate the same money to the state<g>....

Thank you for your offer to help with my ride. Fortunately, she should be on the road today!

George, I replaced the mastercyclinder and everything worked fine. After more careful cleaning of the original, I may have overlooked the clogged air hole under the silver tap. I suspect that may have been the problem....

Anyhow, everything works fine and I am cleaning, waxing and assembling today!!! She functionally 100%. Time to call my brother.... Btw, how's your dreamtime treating you?

TTYL-

David

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
"Since the ST loves to play a tad above highway speeds, you may want to drop a couple hundred dollars on a radar detector with external audio or visual alerts before you have to donate the same money to the state<g>...."

You're so right about that, I will look down and I don't even know I am going way past the speed limit.

Top Bottom