1991 ST1100 Pulled the carbs

OP
OP
Tango911
I will double check and let you guys know what the levels are. I was pretty sure both the radiator and the overflow were full. But i could be wrong. At the same time ill be checking the hose connections again.

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Don't just check the connections. I have a 2002 and had to replace the expansion line. Not only did it develope cracks near the filler neck of the radiator but also midline I had some cracking. Time takes it's toll on these things and it is a cheap, easy fix.

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I may have a carb issue myself. I believe fuel is slowly getting into my oil. A month ago at the tech event I drained about 5 or 6 oz of oil to bring it back to par, but tonight I drained another 4 or 5 oz's again, to bring it to the top. Now, it either wasn't level last month and needed to drain even more to make it level or my carbs are working overtime. My machine is 21 years old and wonder if there are components inside the carbs that need attention. I am currently running sea foam in my tank as I've read about that stuff and will watch the looking glass to see if the level keeps climbing. Don't want to run too long if fuel is thinning my oil right?

OP
OP
Tango911
got some new tires. i think i installed them correctly. ive not done big street tires before, only vintage.
battlax 023's. Hope they are great. At the same time, i did the brake pads, greased the rear gear, changed the oil front and rear etc....
Tubeless are much easier than tubed.

Top Bottom