1995 Honda ST1100 Fuel Pump

Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
I am looking to replace the in-tank fuel pump on my 95 ST1100. Is there a proven fule pump that any of the members on this site would recommend that has been proven longevity? Are there any external options that have been proven?

I've been using a Quantum internal fuel pump on one of my ST1100s for a few thousand miles with no issues.
But 2 things -
1. Don't use the fuel line they provide
2. You will need a fuel pressure regulator - either cobble in the original one or put an external one I like did - PSI about 1.5.

I've been using a Quantum internal fuel pump on one of my ST1100s for a few thousand miles with no issues.
But 2 things -
2. You will need a fuel pressure regulator - either cobble in the original one or put an external one I like did - PSI about 1.5.
Thank you, Uncle Phil

But 2 things -
What type of external fuel regulator did you use with your Quantum fuel pump? Also, do you recall what model number fule pump you purchase from Quantum?

I've been running the Facet post-Flow pump now for about 3 years with no problem. It is an external pump 1-2 psi and I mounted it where the vacuum fuel shutoff used to reside. I kept the original fuel pump pickup assy. but removed the factory pump and plugged the hole with an aluminum plate where the original pump was mounted. This was done so the original pickup screen is still used. Simple install and easy to fix if there is an issue. I bought an extra pump that I carry with me since it is so small but I have not needed it.

POSI-FLO - 60304

Part Number: 60304
Kit Number:
Type: Posi-Flo
Volts: 12
Max/Min: 2.0-1.0
GPH: 7
Positive Lead: n/a
Negative Lead: Ring
Fuel Filter Fitting: 1/8 - 27 NPTF
Lift Min: 50"
Check Valve: Y
Positive Shut Off Valve: N
Internal Fuel Filter: n/a
Stainless Steel: N

I replaced mine with a Carter P72190 & STS8 fuel strainer when my fuel pump started acting up in Aug IMG_3272.JPGIMG_3278.JPGIMG_3280_1.JPG2018.
Sorry I didn't took a picture of the post replacement, but I reused the original pressure regulator which Uncle Phil mentioned.

I've also purchased another pump(Airtex E8371) for spares since it's very reasonably priced compared to OEM.

Top Bottom