1998 ABS fuel cap drain hose T fitting

Bike
1998 ST1100A
STOC #
New to me bike and I have the tank out and noticed a "T" fitting on the Gas Cap Vent hose that looks like it had a third hose on it at one time and now it doesn't....
Any ideas?
The factory manual and the Clymer ones were both no help on this, and the bike had a few other things that were put together wrong :confused:
The pic is from the right side of the bike looking into where the fuel tank would normally sit...
Thanx in advance...

Attachments

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Standard/normal, Robert. Wisdom Of The LiST (now ST-Riders.net) over the years is that it's a backup vent should the main one at the end of the hose gets blocked by road crud.

Regards, John

John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
3 of 7
Bike
1998 ST1100A
STOC #
Whoa, good resource John, Thanx..... I knew I should have asked here before spending a whole day searching..... It's going into my bookmarks..

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Whoa, good resource John, Thanx..... I knew I should have asked here before spending a whole day searching..... It's going into my bookmarks..
Here's some more then:

Honda OEM Parts - Online Sources' Part Price Lookup Webpage Links List:
http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=4659.0 :)

edit: I know I posted this list here on ST-O, but darned if I can find it...

edit2: just checked... must be registered to read the above link. Here's a public one with online microfiches sites:

Part numbers & Parts sources ( ST1100 )
http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=104.0

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I think in addition to serving as a back up, that vent prevents the lower part of the tube from holding water (think finger on top of a soda straw) should you have to ride in really wet water or splash through deep puddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom