1st Tip Over

Bike
2010 ST1300 ABS
Had my first tip over yesterday stopping for coffee with the wife. This occured while steering hard to the right and slightly uphill to park; seemed to go down quite softly. Thankfully, Our ATGATT policy prevented any injury.

I was quite suprised ST survived with only a scrapped plastic cover on engine guard.

Add one to the counter for me. This is the first time I have ever dropped a bike with my wife on the back (we have rode together for 30 years). Naturally, I was upset that I might have injured her but she jumped up and asked me If I was OK. It is clear I picked a good one :)

Maverick

Goose
Bike
ST1300 (2007)
Glad all are ok ... I had my first this year as well ... Although I was not on the bike at the time :) I have an enclosed trailer and was moving the bike to a local dealer and the centre wheel choke let go and the bike came over almost to the floor pulling the left mirror out of its socket (thankfully no damage) the tie downs by some miracle key the bike from skidding around in the trailer. I felt like an idiot!!! Thankfully minimal damage.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Glad the two of you and the bike survived with no major injuries. I had a tip over in our driveway last September, I can still remember the total feeling of surprise I had.

Gerhard

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Glad you're both OK. It's pretty amazing how well the ST survives drops. Both of mine also resulted in minimal damage. My pride definitely took the worst hit!

John

Jerseyst

Official Crown Royal TeSTer
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I have an extra right side tipover cover if you want it pm me your address and I will send it to you...

Top Bottom