2009 ST 1300 PA Brakes

The brakes on my newly aquired 09 ST 1300 PA work well, but the discs seem ( to me), to be a bit worn. Can these discs be turned once, or is that a no-no with motorcycles?
Any advice on where to get OEM Honda brake parts reasonably? ( Less than $250.00 for the rear and $322.00 ea for the fronts, as from the on-line OEM Honda sites)?

I appreciate any input, I am not familiar with these brakes. Thank you, Guru G

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
If you're talking rotors, BikeBandit shows mine (2004) as 115 (rear) to 162 (front) but not OEM.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Can these discs be turned once
Yes if they're not too far gone. They're some kind of stainless steel IIRC and tougher to face than iron discs. When I added a disc to my 750-4 the front and 'new' discs were surfaced and in tolerance after doing so. I was happy. I don't know if anybody gets them turned anymore. Remove and replace seems to be the drill.

guruG said:
Any advice on where to get OEM Honda brake parts reasonably?
Reasonably is subjective. Partzilla has better pricing than Honda proper. I don't know if that's one of the 'Honda online' sites you're referring to.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I swapped out my rear rotor mid season,,, with a slightly used rotor from a crashed CTX1300. It has run very well,, however I did notice that the manufacturer was Ohio based (Sunstar,,, I think). Now the original rotor had about 185,000 kms on it,,, and it was at min. thickness,,, had been through one SMC lockup,,, but still ran fine (not warped), except the wear ridges (about .020 per side) were scraping the pad plates a bit before the pads were done. Anyway,,, I will likely grind or turn off those ridges and just keep the rotor as a usable spare, if needed,,,, cheers, CAt'

Bike
R1200rt
If your not getting any pulsation, vibrations when braking slap new pads on clean and lube all the slides and ride it.

Top Bottom