2012 ST13 brakes

Did most or all 2012 ST1300 have ABS brakes? Where should I look to see if the vin will tell me if it has them.. The bike is 5 hours away and I want to make sure it has ABS before I make the drive. It is at a consignment place and they don't know much. Also where is the ABS light on the dash of a ST1300? Thandks

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Did most or all 2012 ST1300 have ABS brakes? Where should I look to see if the vin will tell me if it has them.. The bike is 5 hours away and I want to make sure it has ABS before I make the drive. It is at a consignment place and they don't know much. Also where is the ABS light on the dash of a ST1300? Thandks
All 2012 ST1300's have ABS.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Is it just me or is that front right side brake disc installed backwards or a left side disc? Right side arrow should point the other way to match tire rotation...or is the photo a mirror image? Sure looks like the right side from the caliper/fork orientation...and it doesn't look like it could be flipped because of the way it mounts.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Is it just me or is that front right side brake disc installed backwards or a left side disc? Right side arrow should point the other way to match tire rotation...or is the photo a mirror image? Sure looks like the right side from the caliper/fork orientation...and it doesn't look like it could be flipped because of the way it mounts.
The ABS Rings are on the "rightside", and yes, it looks like someone got their rotors mixed up?

20240108_2010-R-Brake.jpg

Sidekick

Save Ukraine Stop War!
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
All are ABS and there is Red dash light, "on" when starting the engine and turning "off" after using/checking the brakes (front or rear).
FYI - Check that the rear wheel pads are not dragging on the disc, one of the most common issue on these bikes.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Seriously, why would there be an arrow on the rotor? I thought it was a symmetrical disk from a production/machining point of view. Looking closely at Will's pic in post #2 I think I see more steel on the right side of the semi circular cutout for the button/spool that holds the disk to the wheel. If my eyes are seeing correctly, the arrow makes sense. Just for giggles, I looked up part numbers for my (sold) '10 1300 and the right (45120-MCS-GO1) and left (45220-MCA-GO1). They are different, so side specific.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Seriously, why would there be an arrow on the rotor? I thought it was a symmetrical disk from a production/machining point of view. Looking closely at Will's pic in post #2 I think I see more steel on the right side of the semi circular cutout for the button/spool that holds the disk to the wheel. If my eyes are seeing correctly, the arrow makes sense. Just for giggles, I looked up part numbers for my (sold) '10 1300 and the right (45120-MCS-GO1) and left (45220-MCA-GO1). They are different, so side specific.
I look them up too. Not sure it really matters though, but I have a tendency to not be overly concerned. That being said, I’ll bet I don’t ride it until I switch them around. BTW, I ran them about 15k miles this way.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I have found this a few times, when folks damage a rotor with a SMC problem, or bent one dropping the wheel on the rotor trying to change a tire or bearings, then they order just one off flea bay not knowing they are directional.
Harley rotors really confuse shade tree mechanics and YouTube certified folks, because if your sitting on the Harley, the rotor on the brake side is stamped LEFT, and the rotor on the clutch side is marked RIGHT.
And yea, this is the correct position.
On HD’s you don’t sit on the customer’s bike, you view it from the front facing it.

Top Bottom