2019 Speed Twin

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I had a chance to test ride the new Speed Twin while we were in Austin for the MotoGP. It is a great bike. Plenty of power (short shift, roll on in sixth gear, whatever...) with what is basically the Thruxton engine. I was concerned by the non-adjustable suspension (except for rear preload) but the handling was impressive. Ergonomics were good for us old fat guys. The bike just felt right all around. I'm seriously considering adding another bike to the garage; don't need a tourer, as the ST only has 139K on it, so I'd like something that doesn't duplicate the purpose of the ST1300, XR1200X, KLR650, or CL350. I still have a couple of other bikes to ride, but I think the Speed Twin may be the one.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I plan on riding that bike also. But the new 1200 Scrambler just might replace my Tiger when the time comes. It also has the Thruxton motor. And tubeless spoked wheels. But only if it is close to being as comfortable as my Tiger. Eurotech has both of them sitting on the floor.
I agree that motor and transmission have power everywhere. Roll on 6th gear from 35 mph. And the Thruxton R I rode stood almost straight up the first time I let out on the clutch. :biggrin: Just too small for my old broke down self. If only I was younger.
Come on down Rodger and let’s go ride some bikes.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Rodger I hope you enjoy your Triumph as much as I do mine. Congratulations on your new toy! That motor is very nice. I have only rode the T120. I loved the motor and transmission. But the bike just was not for me.
Hope you enjoy it. I look forward to your review of it. I need to go test ride one.

Bike
VStrom 650
Picked up the Speed Twin today. Now, to make time for some break-in miles.
Roger, nice new Hinckley Triumph.
You have to hand it to some of the EU manufacturers, they're making some nice looking bikes.
Triumph have somehow managed to do what others have failed, it's looks as though this model has just evolved over half a century.
Enjoy, daft comment.
Upt'North.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Looks like a great bike in Red.
If it works for U, then it must be
the right choice.
Nice engine, with good power.
Is that 1200 Twin pretty smooth ??

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nice bike Roger!...…..you better post some RTEs so I can see it in person :biggrin:…….Russ.

OP
OP
roginoz
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Looks like a great bike in Red.
If it works for U, then it must be
the right choice.
Nice engine, with good power.
Is that 1200 Twin pretty smooth ??
The parallel twin is extremely smooth at all engine speeds.

OP
OP
roginoz
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Are you trying to lure Steve away from Ducati? Nice bike!
He did drive my car home from the dealer when I picked the bike up, but that's the extent of it. He has three Ducatis now; picked up a MulitStrada earlier this year.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
He did drive my car home from the dealer when I picked the bike up, but that's the extent of it. He has three Ducatis now; picked up a MulitStrada earlier this year.
Spares in case the dog fails again? I always wanted a Ducati after Padden rode his to Moonshine, but never bought one.

Top Bottom