2020 Alps Tours Schedule Posted and Website Updated

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
Some of you may know that I have a small Alps tour business. I've actually had 3 or 4 ST owners come on tour over the years. I've been going to the Alps for more than 30 years by motorcycle (longer if I count train and car trips) and have been offering small group guided tours for more than 20 years.

For 2020 I am offering 6 different tours ranging from 6 days to over 28 days if you want to link them together. I cover Austria, France, Switzerland, northern Italy and southern Germany.

My homepage is here >>> Alps-Tours.com The top pictures scroll so that you can list the tours that way.

A summary page that includes Tour dates, routes and basic info on how my tours work is here >>> Tour Basics and Dates

If you just want to look at pictures you are welcome to look here >>> at my website Photo Album Most of them were loaded 4 - 5 years ago and in general order of the TOP 10+ tour, covering the 10 highest passes in the Alps. I feel they look better in "full screen" mode. There are captions in the lower left corner of each photo. Newer photos are being posted to my Instagram page.

Lastly, I have been slow to glob onto video filming of my tours. There was a fair bit of GoPro footage taken on the 2019 tours and I hope to have some of that posted soon. In the meantime my friend Jim gave me a video linked here >>> An Alpine Love Story The video comes from a June 2018 tour (Jim came back again this past September - he rides a Honda CTX 1300 here at home). The first part of the video is from a small pass in the Dolomites. The 2nd half is from the mountains and hill roads around Lago di Garda. Aside from the video footage I really like the music Jim puts to his videos.

Feel free to contact me if you have any interest in my tours, any questions about Alps motorcycle travel or just want to talk the Alps in general. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moto-Charlie

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
A quick update with regard to my 2020 Alps Tours schedule.

As you may have guessed the 2020 season has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus. I go in June/first week of July and again in the month of September
  • June, early July was cancelled because the flights were cancelled, international travel is still pretty much forbidden and entry procedures into the various Alps countries are not confirmed at this time. I was planning to take my ST1100 over to Europe to ride either on my tours or on my own. The bike shipment was supposed to happen out of Montreal on Air Transat, but the mid-June flight got cancelled as did all Air Transat flights through June 30.
  • September got cancelled too. Air Transat can't tell me what is available for September yet, plus all 55 or so tour members (45 riders, 10 passengers spread over 6 tours) have cancelled due to travel concerns, pre-existing health issues or just general caution
The good news from my perspective is that all but 3 tour members have rebooked to 2021 and kept their deposits on file with me. I mention that here in case you have been considering a 2021 tour. The rollover of 2020 tour members to the 2021 season means that a good portion of the 2021 season is now booked.

So if you have an interest in my 2021 tours please feel free to reach out to me sooner than later so we can slot you into a tour that works for you.

Thanks - Charlie
charlie.alps@gmail.com

Top Bottom