2021 Moto Guzzi V7 850

Bee

Bike
2002 Blue ST1100
Hi all, just wondering if any of you have tried/tested/bought one of the new 850 versions and if so what’s it like? Are you pleased with it? Any buyers remorse?

I have owned a couple of Guzzi’s and I really like them. This is not to replace what the Pan does in any way (because it can’t) and I’m not looking for alternatives here (as I know there are many). It’s a Euro 5 bike so I know emissions are very controlled and messing with it will probably cause issues but if kept stock does it ride well? TIA.

C0EEB8C8-957E-4807-9175-4443453DF45E.jpeg

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Everything I have heard about the new 850 engine has been positive. It is the same basic engine at the V85 TT Adventure bike.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

Bike
2002 Blue ST1100
Everything I have heard about the new 850 engine has been positive. It is the same basic engine at the V85 TT Adventure bike.
Yea seems that way. I have two dealers near me (ish), one is an hour away West, another 2 hours North. Not many shaft drive basic bikes available and tech is only going one way so I’m half tempted to strike while at least there is some choice in the market. I’m thinking mid size/mid weight something I can easily manage in the future. Not sure about the US but over here Euro5 has ripped through motorcycle brands and so many bikes are no longer available. I wish I had seen this coming maybe a year or two ago and really understood what it would be like. Anyway. It is what it is.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I test rode a Norge a few years ago. I rode my ST1300 to the Guzzi rally and took a couple of the then new bikes out for a test ride. I was not prepared for the incredible difference between the two bikes, power, handling, everything. It was the difference between night and day. Adding insult to injury was the Guzzi's unusual control layout. If you've been riding an ST for some years, you have been spoiled. Interestingly, I found less of a difference between a Suzi VStrom 650 and the ST than the ST and the Guzzi. Just my opinion.

Bike
VStrom 650
Yea seems that way. I have two dealers near me (ish), one is an hour away West, another 2 hours North. Not many shaft drive basic bikes available and tech is only going one way so I’m half tempted to strike while at least there is some choice in the market. I’m thinking mid size/mid weight something I can easily manage in the future. Not sure about the US but over here Euro5 has ripped through motorcycle brands and so many bikes are no longer available. I wish I had seen this coming maybe a year or two ago and really understood what it would be like. Anyway. It is what it is.
Would the new V100 be worth waiting for? I think it's released soon.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

Bike
2002 Blue ST1100
Would the new V100 be worth waiting for? I think it's released soon.
Maybe so yea. I am slightly reluctant to jump in with a completely brand new model of anything though, I got my fingers burnt on a new water cooled Triumph a few years ago that had more than a few niggles and spoilt it for me. Certainly I will see what people think when they start coming to market.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

Bike
2002 Blue ST1100
This was parked in the motorcycle parking when I pulled in this morning:

1634660961285.png
I do like these (a lot) and I did seriously consider one a short while back if I couldn’t find myself a nice Pan. Looks like they have made it through Euro5 ok so should be available for a while yet (until Euro6 lands that is!).

Bike
2014 ST1300
It sure looked pretty. Not much wind protection. You might be able to get a bigger after market windshield though I would hate to ruin the lines of it. They had a tank bag attachment on it as well.

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
I owner one of this 2002 EV1100 Californian with 22K-miles. I bought it used finally got time to do some fuel systems works on it. Hopefully it will runs great.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
you have tried/tested/bought one of the new 850 versions
None of the above but it's a gorgeous interpretation of the UJM. With a thin support network I'm hoping to find that it's a reliable bike. That paint is a little busy for my taste but if there were room I'd really consider it.

A little more ADV than I like in a bike but love the paint! A little more blue please.

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
Hi all, just wondering if any of you have tried/tested/bought one of the new 850 versions and if so what’s it like? Are you pleased with it?
It still looks like my 1971 loop frame V7, with a "few" changes - discs, good suspension etc etc - must be good!

Reactions: Bee
OP
OP
Bee

Bee

Bike
2002 Blue ST1100
Well. I bit the bullet yesterday and visited the dealer. Very limited stock over here in the UK, like next to none available. I saw two V7 Specials being collected by their new owners (looked very nice). Basically I had opportunity to buy the last one they had, a Centenario that came in on Monday (with two others that were already sold before arrival). So I have. Might get it next week. Bit of a daft time to buy in November I know with winter being here but it was a case of get it now or miss the opportunity altogether. I really like it (stating the obvious I know otherwise why did I get it) but I do. In person the satin colours go well together and with the soft leather seat it looks great. (think WW2 Spitfire colours). I will change out the mirrors but otherwise probably leave it stock. No I didn’t get a chance to test ride but I have owned two Guzzi’s before (V7iii and V9 and enjoyed them) so know what to expect. Anyhoo. This is my attempt at future-proofing my motorcycling. I’m Keeping the Pan. As has been discussed heavily of late motorcycles as we know them are on their way out (the ICE that is), so the Guzzi has everything i want. Middleweight, shaft drive, little to no tech, comfortable and looks like a motorbike. I have put some pictures below for you to see.

71E32AA2-CB5A-4FE0-BCBE-657EF9C5734E.jpeg3A8E4D36-4F5A-48B6-B6F5-FF2FAA72B931.jpeg52E2690C-B262-43F6-B011-5ABD5B566062.jpeg

Bike
97 ST1100A
2024 Miles
Hi all, just wondering if any of you have tried/tested/bought one of the new 850 versions and if so what’s it like? Are you pleased with it? Any buyers remorse?

I have owned a couple of Guzzi’s and I really like them. This is not to replace what the Pan does in any way (because it can’t) and I’m not looking for alternatives here (as I know there are many). It’s a Euro 5 bike so I know emissions are very controlled and messing with it will probably cause issues but if kept stock does it ride well? TIA.

C0EEB8C8-957E-4807-9175-4443453DF45E.jpeg
Congratulations on your new purchase from a fellow ST1100 and Guzzi owner. Can't say too much about the new 850, but I sure have given an old 850 a good road test.

Attachments

Reactions: Bee
Top Bottom