RTC 2022/09/9-11, NM, Sipapu, Sipapu Ski Lodge

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Great area, love that campground..I won't be able to make it since I'm planning on SnakeSTOC but if it's a remote possibility if that falls through.

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Great area, love that campground..I won't be able to make it since I'm planning on SnakeSTOC but if it's a remote possibility if that falls through.
My plan is the opposite of yours, SnakeSToc is my remote possibility depending on weather. I'm pretty sure I'll still be looking for cool and mostly dry. :)

Tom

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Current plan is Pampa CP (near Amarillo Tx) on the way to Sipapu then hitting Tn SnakeSToc on the way back to Florida. Depending on weather... :wind1:

Current plan is Pampa CP (near Amarillo Tx) on the way to Sipapu
I live in Pampa. I'm undecided on the Sipapu rally at this time as I'll be leaving almost the same time for a week or two in Colorado. Sipapu is only a few hours from me, so I go that way regularly. If you don't want to camp while in Pampa, I have extra beds.

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
I live in Pampa. I'm undecided on the Sipapu rally at this time as I'll be leaving almost the same time for a week or two in Colorado. Sipapu is only a few hours from me, so I go that way regularly. If you don't want to camp while in Pampa, I have extra beds.
I really appreciate the offer; I've camped at the rodeo park at least 10 times in the past and will probably hit Pampa in both directions - on 8 September and again on the 11th. I really hate to put people out because plans change so often once on the road and even if it's just for coffee or a beer will contact you as plans firm up. :)

Tom

I look forward to hearing. Also note that if you are a really early riser and ride between Clayton, NM and Springer, NM, at about the halfway point on that stretch is Gladstone, NM. One small store which serves great breakfast burritos and wonderful burgers. I try to spend money there every time I pass.

Thanks; as long as it's still there ...
It almost wasn't. That last big fire came awfully close!. They were running their snow making machines full time just to get water on the trees. That is what may have saved the whole thing. You can see burned trees from their property.

Top Bottom