2022 - Any helmet boxes for a 2002 ST1100?

I have a 2002 ST1100 (that funny red color) and am looking for a way to store a full face helmet (in a box). I've been keeping an eye on ebay for one of the back boxes but it's coming up dry (not to be surprised, it is 20 years later).

I'm going to be parking in a state park and don't feel like hooking the helmet by the strap and disappearing for a couple hours.

Thanks for any suggestions

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
The Honda boxes are rare as hens teeth. I don't think a helmet would fit even the larger of the 2 sizes.

You could go with a Givi, several sizes will fit a helmet. They usually come in a matt finish black but colors are available. There are a couple other brands, but I don't know much about them.

Are you aware the helmet will fit in the saddle bag? It takes up pretty much all the saddlebag.

I have a painted Givi on my '96.

Attachments

OP
OP
Thanks Ron, I just tried my Shoei Neotec II and you are right I can close it into the side box (just barely). I'll give that a try since I'll be taking gear out when I get to the park anyway. I have the backrest on the bike currently and that would have to go if I add to top box.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I'll give that a try since I'll be taking gear out when I get to the park anyway.
Get a pair of saddlebag liners. They're unbeatable for bike-packing convenience.

You can pack them in the house, then pop them in, and back out when you get there.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
"... I have the backrest on the bike currently and that would have to go if I add to top box."

A backrest pad is available for most (if not all) the Givi boxes.

OP
OP
I've got a cheap one with fittings for a ST1100 for $45 plus shipping. It aint' pretty but I can fit my HJC CL Max in it sideways -

Imitation Givi Top Box With Mount 1.jpg
Thanks Phil, I'm going to take a ride and see how storing in the side case works, it's a tight fit but might work out.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Top Bottom