300,000 On My ST1100

OP
OP
Thane
Bike
1998 Honda ST1100
STOC #
Sal is correct, I use the stock seat. And thanks to Sal for giving me his stock seat so I can have a new one to ride on! Sorry to hear of the deer strike Alex. Hope you get it back up and running, but not too soon! ;)

Bakerboy, I never set out with the intentions of having so many miles on the machine. It just sort of happened. Things didn't go terribly wrong with the bike, just doing maintenance and the odd repair. Before I knew it, there they were.

It fits me so well. And obviously Alex as well. It is set up just how I want, and does the things I want. There never seemed to be any great incentive to change. Also, I came to know everything about the bike so well, that working on it has become so much easier. I love its simplicity and reliability. Having a network of friends who can supply the odd necessity also helps. I have to do a brake job on it in the very near future and this is a good example of why it keeps rolling: the thing is very easy to work on and I have done this particular operation several times before so I know how to do it quickly and without consulting any people or books or other resources. I just get down to the job and it is over quickly.

But mainly I really love riding this bike!

b.carez

Bill Carez
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Congrats Thane. :bow1: There must be something about those 98 models huh.;) You and Alex both.
Only got 68000 on mine. Sure wish I could hurry up and win the lottery so I'd have some time to try to catch up with you guys.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Congratulations on reaching 300,000 miles on your ST1100, an achievement for you and a testament to the durability of the bike. Hopefully, the ST1300 has similar stamina.

I'm still amazed that you drove across Canada from the Atlantic to the Pacific ocean in less than 2.5 days. Hope we meet up again some time soon.

Top Bottom