50CC THW NY-SF

Unlike the previous poster, I won't be waving pom-poms...but I will also be cheering you on. No doubt your past [extensive] riding experience will stand you in good stead.

As for pom poms, I mention them specifically because if you do get dozy at some point, and the various candies aren't provided the jolt needed, just picture Ray bopping up and down waving the pom poms while trying to sing something that rhymes...that's gotta be worth at least an hour of wide-awake riding:D

Thanks for starting this thread and providing the URL to your Spot.

Unlike the previous poster, I won't be waving pom-poms...but I will also be cheering you on. No doubt your past [extensive] riding experience will stand you in good stead.

As for pom poms, I mention them specifically because if you do get dozy at some point, and the various candies aren't provided the jolt needed, just picture Ray bopping up and down waving the pom poms while trying to sing something that rhymes...that's gotta be worth at least an hour of wide-awake riding:D

Thanks for starting this thread and providing the URL to your Spot.
Dean, were you thinking of something like this......MANKINI_MAN_CHEERLEADING_DN.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nicely done with the photo! And to everyone chiming in, this has developed exactly as I had hoped! Now every overpass Ken rides under he will peek up, hoping not to see this...he'll keep awake for the entire time afraid of the dreams he'll otherwise have.

Last edited:
Are you guys going to break up into smaller groups or try to keep 20 riders together the whole way?

Are you guys going to break up into smaller groups or try to keep 20 riders together the whole way?

There maybe some guys that choose to ride together, but I would think most will be on their own. I expect we will be leap frogging each other as we'll be on different fueling schedules etc.

Good. I was thinking you guys would never make it if you tried to stay together. It's hard to find 2 or 3 guys with the same riding style, 20 would be impossible!

Ken, you're never really solo. You know about hour 20, the other voices in your head will keep you company. Heck around hour 32 I've had Chupacabras and giant chickens join me for a few miles. Could have just been "Ben Gay "fumes or "Tiger Balm Patch " induced hallucinations.

Ya gotta love a wife that says you should get a new bike! What a way to test your new bike and all its farkles out.

Maybe you should pack a Yuengling or two for San Francisco in case your brand is not available there? Be safe and enjoy(?) the ride. Thanks for posting this thread.

All the best wishes for your adventure. I now understand the size of the auxiliary tank on the FJ.

Gerhard

Looks like Ken's doing pretty well... about 16 hours into it, almost half-way there.

I've been following along ... wondering if there's a site to see all the riders Spots? Went looking - but no joy.

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom