Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just landed back in the Holler - 6,700+ wonderful miles in 13 days. And now I have another road to look at - Highway 6 (I didn't know it went cross country) that runs from Bishop, Ca to somewhere in Massachusetts. I saw the sign that pointed to Mass just outside of Bishop. Hmm .... :D

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Enjoyed the thread. I just returned from 6300 miles in 16 days. I felt like it was too much riding, but I had to get where I was going.

Also, I felt your pain re: crosswinds of New Mexico and (for me) Texas. Holy cow, was that frustrating. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I thought the placement of the wind farms was amazing. It was already blowing hard, but when I got to the first windmill, it actually started blowing HARDER!! This happened for several wind farms - maybe some kind of vortex situation going there.

Anyway - great trip and glad you avoided the Mustang squish!

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Phil - sorry I missed this thread, would have invited you to stay since we're right on your route. Lemme know if you do that US6 run so we can get together.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Dave - I bet you didn't have near the trouble I did on my 97 carbed ST1100! After about 8,000 feet, it was a first gear slow 'limp' to the top for me. Coming down was nice though! :D
Hi Phil, yes it was a good trip up to the top. So beautiful! Well worth the ride up!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Just read the whole thing Phil. Very excellent as usual. Google maps is also open so I can follow right along.
I'm always impressed with the details of which you are so observant, and take the time to document those sights with photos, instead of just zooming by everything as many of us frequently do.
When combined with your insightful prose, your reports are a pleasure. As well as a great record for yourself of your travels.

Top Bottom