A Pretty Rotten Week, Overall

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I didn't want to hijack Biddyman's thread about Putt, so here's the story about my other bad news this week. My dad was taken to the hospital on May 14, with congestive heart failure, emphysema, and an infection. We moved him to the hospice on May 22, and he passed away on the 27th. My brother was able to make it here from North Carolina a few days beforehand. At eighty-seven, he had a good, full, life. Since his last hospitalization in December it had pretty much been a question of when, rather that what. Still, it's difficult to deal with, and I can't imagine how others cope with people who die before "their time." My eighty-four year old mother is dealing with cancer, also a "when, not what" situation. When she was diagnosed, my dad commented that he'd always expected to go first (as most men do.) Oddly prophetic, but the old guy was right one last time. Arrangements for Monday's memorial service will be complete tomorrow, so Desmo Steve and I are having breakfast and going for a short ride. Probably not a bad idea for all of us who are still able.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
roginoz,

You are correct sir, it has been a bad week, particularly for you. The events on other threads may seem to overshadow your loss but take comfort in the fact that they don't.

Losing a parent is very hard and I pray for you , your Mom, and your family.

Rich.

Sorry to hear of your loss Roger. Sounds similar to mine last year, May 15, lost my Dad. Stroke, staff infection, hospice then 2 days there he passed away with me and my sister there with him. He was 85. The day before that was my parents 60th anniversary.

Prayers to you and your family.

Roger,

My deepest condolences. I lost my father 13 years ago, and not a day goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. I have many, many great memories and wish the same comfort for you.

If there is anything that I can do for you, let me know. I'm just a short burst up I-35.

Jeff

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Roger,

My condolences as well. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Losing a family member is always difficult.

John

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Prayers out to you and your family Roger.. even when you are expecting it it's still tough, lost my dad just over a year ago..

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
So sorry to hear this Roger. It has been a tough week all around. At 53 I still feel like an orphan, as I lost both of my parents in the '80's. I'm still not over it. But, I have found ways to cope and you will as well.

I'm sending up a prayer for you and your family right now, that you will find the peace you need.

Steve

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hang on tight to the handlebars of life. You never know when a pothole may unseat you for a brief second.

Jeff

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #
Roger,

Prayers for you and your mom. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my stepdad almost 3 years ago (Memorial day 2006). It's always hard losing a dad.

Rob

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
My condolences, Roger. My dad went before his time...you're right, it's something you never really get over. So seize the day!

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
My best to you, Roger. I suppose that weeks like this will always happen for everyone, but it's a rotten thing when it's your turn.

To you, and your family, I'm sorry for your loss. To your father: congratulations on a long, good go of it, and the knowledge that he beat us all to a better place. :yes:

Top Bottom