A question for those with the HF tire changer

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just a note on the arm - I removed the two bolts that hold it in place which makes it really easy to remove. The pocket it sits in seems to be sturdy enough to hold it. That way once the tire is off the rim, I loosen the knob that holds the rod, lift the arm out of the way and remove the old tire without having to take the rim loose or remove the center rod. Reverse for install. The reason I do this is the center rod does not want to come out with proper pressure on the rim clamps so this way I do not have to 'unclamp' the rim. YEMV.

Bike
07 ST1300A
Just a note on the arm - I removed the two bolts that hold it in place which makes it really easy to remove. The pocket it sits in seems to be sturdy enough to hold it. That way once the tire is off the rim, I loosen the knob that holds the rod, lift the arm out of the way and remove the old tire without having to take the rim loose or remove the center rod. Reverse for install. The reason I do this is the center rod does not want to come out with proper pressure on the rim clamps so this way I do not have to 'unclamp' the rim. YEMV.
Phil, you might want to check to make sure you are using the right holes for the 2 sliding rim clamps. The rod should slide into the center shaft fairly easy when the rim has been tightened down. May use the next hole in or out, tighten the rim down, then see how the rod aligns to the center post of the changer. This is what I had to do on mine to get the rod aligned. Otherwise, mine wouldnt come out with the rim tightened.

Top Bottom