ABS ECU Spare anyone?

Bike
Pan 1300
Hey folks, now at my "Wits End" with my 08 model and the continuing saga of the fault code 4 !
I have checked it out as per the OEM manual, the fuses are good and there is power and continuity in the harness to the ECU.
I had a second hand Front Modulator so I switched that over.
The fault code is still there which now makes me think there may be an issue with the ABS ECU.
Given that there are expensive to buy and it may not even be this unit thats at fault my massive ask is does anybody have a spare I could try out?
A shot in the dark I know but worth a try !
Thanks in advance.

Hey folks, now at my "Wits End" with my 08 model and the continuing saga of the fault code 4 !
I have checked it out as per the OEM manual, the fuses are good and there is power and continuity in the harness to the ECU.
I had a second hand Front Modulator so I switched that over.
The fault code is still there which now makes me think there may be an issue with the ABS ECU.
Given that there are expensive to buy and it may not even be this unit thats at fault my massive ask is does anybody have a spare I could try out?
A shot in the dark I know but worth a try !
Thanks in advance.
I have one from an 07 model if that would work. Given the price of shipping to the UK and then you returning it if it didn't solve your problem I'd say that buying it might be the cheaper route.

Bob

For information. There was no 07 model in the Uk. Bikes sold new in 2007 were probably the 06 model.

The 2008 model and later all have a different ECU from the 2006 and earlier.

Try breaker yards ?

Addition..

But if buying from breaker yards, remember that the Uk bikes have HISS, so you must get the ignition key (or the chip that is in the key) that is registered with the ECU, and a guarantee from the dealer that the two match. Never mind that the key will not fit your ignition slot. It is the chip inside that you need. You will never start your bike with your new ECU without it.

The chip can be removed easily, and your existing keys can be re-programmed easily once you have a chip that works.

Back
Top Bottom