Accessories

While I'm sure most of us can agree that the factory grips are junk, I really like the aluminum/gel grips. And because I'm a fan of being see, I added ultra bright led brake lights and turn signals to my bags. I of course ran plugs behind the bags so that I can still remove them. Ad well as a light kit in the trunk. This old girl is a 2007. And still as strong and as much fun as ever.20190923_160321.jpg20190902_192804.jpg

Reactions: Djc
I thought the OEM grips were pretty good but I do agree in the need for additional lighting. A Lin3 really works well for an additional brake light.

Nice looking installation. I used hot melt glue inside the bags to tack the wire down and out of the way. Here a dab, there a dab. Just be careful not to let the tip of the hot melt glue gun touch the insulation. Glue only touches the wire.

I added ultra bright led brake lights and turn signals to my bags.
I've got an EMS strobe in place of the reflector for my standalone brake light. I've been wanting to add taillights and brakelights to the panniers. Could you post some pics of the connectors you used?

Welcome from Northumberland UK and thanks for enLIGHTening us.
Grips? Never had a problem with any STandard grip. In fact the age related issues I do have with my hands actually get better on long trips. But if they do it for you friend, enjoy.
Upt'North.

Welcome to the forum!

I never could "handle" the stock grips either! handgrips_2010.jpg

Extra lighting in the back is always good!

I dig the grips and rear lighting too! There so many grip options to choose, but I still like using factory ones. I'm goofy!:dr13:

I dig the grips and rear lighting too! There so many grip options to choose, but I still like using factory ones. I'm goofy!:dr13:

And are you one of those that can ride for hours on the stock saddle? :chairfall1:

The size of grips for me are due to the fact I have never been able to feel comfortable with skinny grips. And this goes back to the 70's when I first started riding! :shrug1:

Back
Top Bottom