Accu-Gage

Bike
2021 R1250RT
My 30+ yr. old tire gauge needle is no longer zeroed. Thought I had read somewhere that Accu-Gage has a lifetime warranty so I emailed them (Milton Industries). They do in fact have that warranty and they shipped me a new one, no charge and no questions asked. So if you need a tire gauge consider an Accu-Gage. This one has a right angle chuck with a short hose that swivels and unscrews at the gauge, along with a bleeder valve. Works pretty well on the limited access ST valve stems.

IMG_4938.jpgIMG_4942.jpg

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
now that's great customer service. I have 2 or 3 of their gauges, the oldest of which is probably 40 years old and still working well.

a couple of questions for the OP:

1. does the old gauge still read correctly at normal tire pressures, even though it doesn't zero properly, or is it off at all pressures?
2. if you're no longer in need of the extension hose on the old gauge, I'd take it off your hands.

See that Milton (Made in USA!) pencil gauge ... I've had it for years, bought at an old school
ma-n-pa hardware store.

That simple gauge is within 1 lb (less than actually). For example, when adjusting the tire pressures on the Mercedes SUV, I air them according to the Milton reading ... and when we drive off, the factory TPMS reports the same pressures :thumb:

20230509_164848-02.jpeg

OP
OP
Bike
2021 R1250RT
now that's great customer service. I have 2 or 3 of their gauges, the oldest of which is probably 40 years old and still working well.

1. does the old gauge still read correctly at normal tire pressures, even though it doesn't zero properly, or is it off at all pressures?
2. if you're no longer in need of the extension hose on the old gauge, I'd take it off your hands.
I did not check the accuracy once I saw it wasn't at zero. Switched to a different gauge. Good question.
You can have this hose if you want it.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Those look cool. Where did you get them. Correct diameter for ST wheels I assume.
You can get them here:

There are valve stems of ~8mm and ~11mm with the larger being for the ST. But those T valves come with complete bushings to fit either size rim.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
See that Milton (Made in USA!) pencil gauge ... I've had it for years, bought at an old school
ma-n-pa hardware store.

That simple gauge is within 1 lb (less than actually). For example, when adjusting the tire pressures on the Mercedes SUV, I air them according to the Milton reading ... and when we drive off, the factory TPMS reports the same pressures :thumb:
Agreed-see here.

Strangely enough, even though the above and the Accu-Gauge are both Milton products, the Accu-Gauge was one of the worst that I tested.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I did not check the accuracy once I saw it wasn't at zero. Switched to a different gauge. Good question.
You can have this hose if you want it.
thanks, but after thinking about it, I suspect the shipping costs would be close to the cost of an entire new gauge/hose anyway.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I think they even took care of return shipping Doug.
you misunderstood my post Dean. I had asked him if he didn't want the extension hose that I'd take it off his hands. I was thinking I could probably attach it to my Milton gauge to make it into an extension hose version. The shipping I was talking about was for him to send me his old hose.

OP
OP
Bike
2021 R1250RT

1. I checked the old one today & it reads higher than the new one by the amount the needle is off zero.

Top Bottom