Actual Saturday coffee and weather, 16 March

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good morning everyone

It's a really-truly honest-to-Pete Saturday today. The regular drip machine will launch a brew cycle at 0600 EDT for those who aren't up so ridiculously early, but for those who may be there's a bit of fresh French roast in the French press for now, to tide you over until the main pot's ready. (It never seems to fail: if I set the timed brew feature, I inevitably seem to wake up well before the set time.)

It's 49°F and mostly cloudy in Rockville at this ridiculous time of day, may get to 66 with mostly clear skies later on. No rain expected, though there's a trace of damp on the pavement now so something must've fallen in the wee hours.

All the expected parties arrived yesterday as planned so the House of Fun is once again at or above sold-out capacity (though we could still squeeze in a few more if the need arose). This afternoon we're scheduled to go on a "donut tour", whatever that is. Our niece found and arranged it. We'll see, I guess.

I glued up the base of the sewing machine cabinet yesterday, mostly so that I'll have stable dimensions to use when building the doors. That means, I think, that by the end of next week I may be approaching the "finish line" which is to say the point where it'll be time to start applying finish. I won't do that on the main piece of the top, though, until Mrs. Fun has actually selected a machine so that I'll have the dimensions of the plate that fills the gap between the machine and the surrounding desktop when the machine is flush with the surface.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Last edited:
Ta me duck, French Roast it is.
Now you say it's Saturday but wasn't it really just Friday night?
Anyway.....the weather......bit brighter, bit warmer, bit nicerer.
Breakfast is dragging on a bit, no complaints there, then some'at will occur.
I was busy finding suitable accommodation in Sicily yesterday for the Autumnal extravaganza. You know the sort of thing....restaurant on site or nearby, close to the Med, secure parking for the bike. Feels good knowing that the W word is probably, almost, maybe behind us.
Av a gud and remember, planning is splendiferous.
Upt.

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks, Keith.

Saturday, huh? Who’d a thought it? I’ve been making progress on the garage, every day, and lost track of the days. I’ll be doing some more painting today, after it warms up a bit. Speaking of temperatures, it’s a coolish 46, but should climb to 66 under sunny skies.

John

Good Morning All!
Thanks for the black water Keith - YUM!
Please can I go on the donut tour? Oh man, now that sounds like fun indeed!
Have everyone weigh in before the tour, then after - the winner is the one with the highest overall difference.

Mr. Tractor is 99.9% complete. Using his services will determine any tweaks necessary to his mechanics.
He passed his first test yesterday moving a bit of dirt around.
Now it's time to seriously work on some landscaping and actually sketch out some plans.
Of course, it rained again yesterday, so a slight wait is necessary for things to dry up.
Home Depot - here I come!

Gittin' warmer everyday here on the ranch. Shoots are springing up all over from flowers awakening (only to be eaten by our deer friends).
Woe is me! Out comes the deer spray again.

Y'all have a winderfill day!

1710585088297.png

Thx Mr Fun!
Nice startup.
Yesterdays party with Peter et al was nice and noisy.
It became rather late, so no wine….

A 60mph wind started pounding our house in the midst of the night, so I’m rather grumpy.
I’ve been up five hours already, but no sign of Mrs Stu….maybe I should check on her….hmmmm
More coffee first, me think.

Have to pick up my little beloved MIL at the airport late tonight, so no drinks today….I’m becoming a camel….pffft

7˚c/45f, overcast with warnings of sunlight, 30mph breeze.

Have a good one!
Stu

This morning up in the hills
IMG_3122.jpeg

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Keith.

It's 30 and foggy in my part of the world this morning, rising to 55 and becoming partly cloudy.

We made it to the range, yesterday, and dinner afterward.

Today, I'll try to get out for a walk, and maybe a visit to the local wholesale store.
Brenda has another contractor coming by for a look at the kitchen/bath project.
I've also got some papers on the table for a HELOC that we'll sign and bring to the Credit Union.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Thx Mr Fun!
Nice startup.
Yesterdays party with Peter et al was nice and noisy.
It became rather late, so no wine….

A 60mph wind started pounding our house in the midst of the night, so I’m rather grumpy.
I’ve been up five hours already, but no sign of Mrs Stu….maybe I should check on her….hmmmm
More coffee first, me think.

Have to pick up my little beloved MIL at the airport late tonight, so no drinks today….I’m becoming a camel….pffft

7˚c/45f, overcast with warnings of sunlight, 30mph breeze.

Have a good one!
Stu

This morning up in the hills
IMG_3122.jpeg
Come on Stoo, look on the bright side, don't get the hump!

Thanks for the FP/FR Ray, I'm proud that I learned what "French press" is, even tho it was late in life. Had to learn about it by watching Blackhawk Down.

Not that different in some ways, from cowboy coffee... you get some residue and sold particulate with the juice. Like drinking orange juice pulp? Nah, not really like that.

I gotta move on out for a mens' breakfast at church, with some fellers I ain't seen in a while. I need to look up old Eduardo, to see if he still has his 2 GS', or if he rides them since he bought that 1800 BMW monstrosity.

Catch y'all later, hold that rain in the clouds for me if you will. Tractor on, gentlemen.

Good morning all, and thanks for the double start-up, Keith! I was actually awake when you prepared the French press, but stubbornly turned over and tried to get back to sleep. It eventually worked.

Today's weather: very gloomy. Dark and overcast this morning and afternoon, then rain from this evening through to Tuesday morning. Looks like the St. Patrick's Day Parade is going to be a soggy affair tomorrow. Today's numbers are 1°C/34°F now and 6°C/43°F later, with respective windchills of -2°C/28°F and 4°C/39°F.

@STooRay: I'm glad Peter had fun at his birthday party yesterday - that's what birthday parties are for! :D

Right, gotta go box up s'more stuff. Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Morning all! Dark and 6C right now. Looks like the glorious weather will continue for today anyway with 15C and Sun forecast.

Not sure what the day will hold but I expect I’ll be joining Nick with a visit to Home Depot. But first, dogs to be fed and then a nap. These are desperate times….

Hope everyone has a great day!

good morning all thank you Keith for the FR. 40F on the dog walk with a ton of stars to see, seems the clouds took the night off. so did the rain that was to happen in the AM. Yesterday had gym time and lunch with my coworker from the university. it was fun to catch up with him and hear how things have changed since I retired. not sure what is on the to do list today, will have to wait till the wife gets up. we should see 65F for the high. enjoy the day.

stay safe

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Keith.

@STooRay someone looks happy, and smug. Maybe he put something in Mrs. Stood cheeseburger and baked potato. If so, she'll be on the mend in about 8 days, according to my experience.

Enjoy it while you can ;)

Weather here is a sunny cloudy mix and 3C headed up to 8C later on.

It's that time of the year where the Canada Geese start coming back (I've seen a few V shaped flocks flying Northward overhead) & young Obo's starting thinking about pickup up new Wings too.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Obo.

Late morning Keith & All from a soggy Southern Utah!

We've had snow/rain mix now for several days here and it doesn't look like it will be stopping until after tomorrow! Currently it is 38F, heading for 46F and more rain/snow predicted within an hour or so. At least, any snow we are getting, melts, not long after it hits the ground! :thumb:

@STooRay sorry to hear that Mrs. Stooray isn't feeling well! Hope she recovers soon!

Yesterday was a day of recuperating, today will probably be the same. Now that the ST1300 herd isn't as big, and all the maintenance is done on what's left, I can now start on the yard again, as soon as the mud dries up! :well1:

Chris made us some boiled eggs for breakfast. I added some bacon bits and toast to it and then washed it down with OJ. A Pepsi will be in my future. ;)

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Back
Top Bottom