Article Admore side bag lighting...

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
This is a duplicate post after receiving confirmation from Mellow that the original was lost in the transition to the new forum layout. So I wanted to share this again with you...

Earlier in the year I pulled the rear end off so I could bring more visibility to the cagers behind me. I pulled off the rear end and started planning the cable routing to bring power to the rear end. This was to add more brake lights (to power LED strips on the panniers). The kit was purchased from Admore Lighting Inc.
  1. Photo shows the light strips being tested as they are sitting on the seat of the stripped ST.
  2. Photo shows the stripped ST and planning the cable routing in the rear of the ST, to light the light strips on the panniers. Note the cables hanging down by the rear tire.
  3. Next was to mount the LED strips on the bags.
  4. The pannier is now wired and ready to be put on the bike.
  5. Photos shows the cables plugged into the panniers.
  6. Photo showing the finished product.
This is on their website....there are many more examples of lighting installations.

Brandon

Attachments

Last edited:

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Brandon, I’ve got a kit similar to this awaiting install.
How do your wires exit behind the license plate holder?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Clever alternative to what I did. I ran my cables down just inside the seat frame tubes and out to the area just above and forward of the mounting seats for the side cases. I drilled the front inside corner of the case (front meaning part of case close to gas tank; inside means the side adjacent to the wheels). Reaching these separating connectors is a bit difficult when i want to remove the bags, but not too onerous. I'll see if I can take a pic of mine tommorow.

OP
OP
90210brandon

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
Brandon, I’ve got a kit similar to this awaiting install.
How do your wires exit behind the license plate holder?
Does this pic help explain it? Really simple actually, I just notched out holes in the tupperware (no way I would do this to a painted piece).

Attachments

OP
OP
90210brandon

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
Clever alternative to what I did. I ran my cables down just inside the seat frame tubes and out to the area just above and forward of the mounting seats for the side cases. I drilled the front inside corner of the case (front meaning part of case close to gas tank; inside means the side adjacent to the wheels). Reaching these separating connectors is a bit difficult when i want to remove the bags, but not too onerous. I'll see if I can take a pic of mine tommorow.
Totally interested in seeing how you did this.

Top Bottom