Advice on transforming 2017 ST1300 police bike from 1-up to 2-up

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Curious on the bracket cutting conversion. Where does the stock passenger seat mount in to? The civilian sub frame has loops that correspond to my Sargent seat on top of the rails. Once installed, this holds the front of the passenger seat down and the rear of the driver seat.

Without these mount points I think the passenger seat is only held against the driver seat and the latch itself. Is that correct?

If it works, it works. I am just honestly curious how. Lol

-Ryan

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Curious on the bracket cutting conversion. Where does the stock passenger seat mount in to? The civilian sub frame has loops that correspond to my Sargent seat on top of the rails. Once installed, this holds the front of the passenger seat down and the rear of the driver seat.

Without these mount points I think the passenger seat is only held against the driver seat and the latch itself. Is that correct?

If it works, it works. I am just honestly curious how. Lol

-Ryan
I am also curious, I won’t make the cut until my parts are in, and that may be be a while. I will do pictures and such unless the bike sells as is.

technotony007

Marvellous !
Bike
2005 Pan Euro ST1300
@Adam, In my emporium of spares i have following : a freshly powder coated subframe, a inner black panel ( holds battery, etc.) , RH & Lh footpeg & brackets , seat unit ( front and rear ) , grabrail bracket , and some panels ( which will need some love to colour match and restore.) This should be everything you need do get you out of that dog house fella ! :biggrin:

all taken from a 2004 model.

The price could be reasonable and postage across the pond if your interested ???

PM me if you Adam

regards

Tony

Last edited:

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Snapped a couple of pictures of the loops I am referring to. Looks like the stock seats are held in position the same way. When you cut the seat brackets off a PA, I think the driver and passenger seat is then only held in place by the release latch and the front mount behind the tank. Probably not that big of a deal since your sitting on the seat and the bike isn't going upside down, but it does lose the intended sub frame support in the middle. Also, does the PA sub frame have the cross bar with the rubber stops? I can't recall off hand. That actually fits into corresponding slots on the stock depending on where the front adjustment is. *Edit* Never mind, I just double checked the Corbin seat conversion, it has the same cross support.

IMG_20210424_105342.jpg
IMG_20210424_105322.jpg

-Ryan

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
One of the caveats of doing the Corbin route is using the canyon. It’s a one piece seat.
Oh, okay! That actually does make a difference and wouldn't allow the two seats to flex in the middle. I was thinking about it, with the cross section and rubber stops that front seat is not going anywhere. So even a two piece seat you probably wouldn't notice any difference unless you pulled as hard as possible in the middle section while latched. I assume you would break the plastic off between the seats in that case and probably the release latch.

Anyway, to each their own. I personally like to keep the stock parts in case I ever want to convert it back, so I was not interested in cutting the brackets off my sub frame.

Thank you!
-Ryan

I cut the tabs off my subframe and it worked great. The tabs are not structural and I can think of no legitimate reason why I would ever convert mine back. If you want to replace the subframe it's fine but I wouldn't be afraid of it. I used a reciprocating saw and touched it up with an angle grinder and file.

I cut the tabs off my subframe and it worked great. The tabs are not structural and I can think of no legitimate reason why I would ever convert mine back. If you want to replace the subframe it's fine but I wouldn't be afraid of it. I used a reciprocating saw and touched it up with an angle grinder and file.

Thanks I just ordered a new sub frame. I'll post my 1300p subframe and rear seat back /cowling when I'm thru with the conversion. Thanks again

Top Bottom