Aligned Forks

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
When i first got the ST 11/20 it had a pull to the right. After reading the correct front axle tightening procedure here it eliminated most of it. Decided to recheck after reading Igofar post on axle alignment. Sure enough factory assembly was close but not right. See pic. Removed fender, loosened axle, pinch bolts and brake bolts. Then loosened lower pinch bolts on Right fork leg and finnaly upper pinch bolt. Now axle slides back and forth with very little resistance.
Thanks Igofar.
No more pull to right.

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
I would bet that if you talked to @Igofar, he woud tell you to loosen the triple clamp bolts and retorque them, as if you had removed them - as part of the axle tightening. But, it sounds like you might not have needed to take it that far.

Bike
ST1300
When i first got the ST 11/20 it had a pull to the right. After reading the correct front axle tightening procedure here it eliminated most of it. Decided to recheck after reading Igofar post on axle alignment. Sure enough factory assembly was close but not right. See pic. Removed fender, loosened axle, pinch bolts and brake bolts. Then loosened lower pinch bolts on Right fork leg and finnaly upper pinch bolt. Now axle slides back and forth with very little resistance.
Thanks Igofar.
No more pull to right.
Could you link to that article, I need to check my fork. After three days & 800 miles in central OR riding I feel like there's something wonky with my from fork as well. Thx

OP
OP
Jambriwal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Could you link to that article, I need to check my fork. After three days & 800 miles in central OR riding I feel like there's something wonky with my from fork as well. Thx
Robfin
I would like to help but searching for past articles on this site is difficult, for me?
My best suggestion is to try "articles" which has a wealth of info for 1100 or 1300.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I’m on it…..just made contact via the white courtesy phone.
Now I’m off to go surfing.

Top Bottom