Alllmost did it

mtn-bike

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
My first St (65k on a ZX6E), my first week, my first weekend trip....about 420 miles in 2 days.

I was turning to the right at stop bar(downhill to the right) in a rural location....almost came to a stop and started to roll back on in 2nd gear. Apparently too close to a stop as she coughed and stalled tipping to the right (highside). As I put my foot down and started to get it wedged under the bike (29" inseam) and as she's tipping over the weight and momentum jump started her and off we went (I was still on the throttle).

....the little lady says in my ear, "what just happened back there?"

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
If I read it right, good thing you were still on the throttle then. If I read it wrong, sorry about your get off. :eek:

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Saturday I went on a little ride. About 70 mi. out was a little spot called Tuffy's resturant. I was going to stop there and eat while I figured out if I was hoing to go on to Austin, or taking a right and going around Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend Lakes. When I got off the throttle from about 70, the rear felt squishy. Then it happened... she stepped out to the left and rode a long drift until I gathered her back in. as I slowed down enough to get off the road she went to the right, so I rode her off into a parking lot. Walked to a store and bought a plug kit and a can of Fix a flat. Walked back and got her up and going again. Tremendous wobble at low speeds... the tire was ruined at only 1500 miles on the odometer. Kicked it up a notch and around 45 the wobble went away. Cruised on home and ordered a new tire on line. got here Wed. and is already on the rim. From now on I am going to make a RAN list for the route I'm taking, just in case something I cant fix happens. MEAN 13

Last edited:
OP
OP
mtn-bike

mtn-bike

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Sweet recovery! I once had to ride my ZX6 60 miles on a flat. That was the same day that I learned Fix-a-Flat doesn't do anything but make a mess....I also learned that a sport bike rides ok with no air in the rear, but you need to go over 70mph to ge the 'squish' out.

Top Bottom